Hyatt Award Certificate

Mike

Silver Member
I was under the impression that the free certificates that come along with the Hyatt CC work as long as there is availability. Checking online I see availability for the dates I want but when I try booking I get an error message that there is no availability. Is this how it's always been or is something new going on?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I was under the impression that the free certificates that come along with the Hyatt CC work as long as there is availability. Checking online I see availability for the dates I want but when I try booking I get an error message that there is no availability. Is this how it's always been or is something new going on?
Availability generally means award space, where are you trying to book? I had an issue with a min night requirement at Carmel.

Steelsnow

Gold Member
Availability generally means award space, where are you trying to book? I had an issue with a min night requirement at Carmel.
Carmel is really tough on award space, let alone the min night requirement. Also, there are only 8 'suites' there, which are two story townhouse-style units with a slightly rustic flavor. Room service breakfast for diamonds was killer though.

TinyElvis

Level 2 Member
I encountered the same errors when I tried booking my award nights at the Melbourne Hyatt a week ago. Have you tried calling in using the number you get w/ the error message? They were able to book me no problems over the phone.

oso

Level 2 Member
They were able to book me no problems over the phone.
+1

I didn't realise we could book awards online (as we can't with points + cash). I booked one award night at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo last week via Diamond line. There was no mention of award night until the agent asked how I wanted to pay, seeing I had award nights and points when she pulled up my account. No minimum nights requirement.

lancemahn

Level 2 Member
Is it possible to book the 2 nights awarded with the Hyatt CC ( in my SO's name) even if she personally won't make it to the stay? Can I add myself as
the 'guest' and have it work out when I get there? Any other strategy? Hate to see these expire due to her goofy schedule.
L

James from BNA

VR Jacket Guy
Is it possible to book the 2 nights awarded with the Hyatt CC ( in my SO's name) even if she personally won't make it to the stay? Can I add myself as
the 'guest' and have it work out when I get there? Any other strategy? Hate to see these expire due to her goofy schedule.
L
I've not shown up and added other guests for Hyatt, Marriott, SPG, Hilton, IHG, Choice, and Club Carlson points bookings probably 50 times and never had a problem. I was using Hyatt points and not certs. YMMV.

lancemahn

Level 2 Member
This is where the certs gets a little more dicey as I was told specifically the persons who's name is on the card must redeem the cert. But, I thought I read somewhere it was workable to add a 'guest' and they are able to register with no problem. Thanks for the thoughts/clarification on the points option though!
L

lpaca

Level 2 Member
I believe the online system for booking the free night only lets you book 1 night at a time. To book 2 free nights in a row on 1 reservation you may have to call in. My friend ran into this problem in March trying to book his 2 free nights in Tokyo - when searching for 2 nights using the link under the 2 free nights, it wouldn't let him book, but when searching 1 night at a time, both nights are bookable.

I encountered the exact same issue trying to book the PH Milan. A quick call to the reservation # and I was booked for 2 nights with no problems. Interesting note: the reservation that shows up in my Hyatt online account shows 2 different rooms, Room1 for day 1 and Room2 for day 2 of the 2 day stay. I think Hyatt's system might be designed so that you (and they) have to book the free nights separately. Just a sample size of 2 but it may explain what others are running into.