HSA Bank Experience?

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
HSA Bank has bought out Chase's HSA business and my account is scheduled to move to the HSA Bank in mid-March.

I never did much with the Chase account but is the HSA Bank a decent place or should I look into someplace else? Do other custodians offer better investment options?

Any advice or experience is appreciated.

Last edited:

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
We use HSA Bank and I haven't had any issues... I can't say they are the best investment option out there, but it seems pretty decent... It's the provider through my wife's work so any investments have the fee waived too.

Brian

Level 2 Member
It is pretty OK, $5000 minimum in the cash account to avoid fees, then the rest can be rolled in to a TD ameritrade account to do whatever you want with. They have a decent selection of low expense/no fee ETFs and whatnot. It was the best for me the last time I checked ~ 2 years ago, so I'd be interested if there are now better options out there.

sriki

Level 2 Member
HSA Bank has bought out Chase's HSA business and my account is scheduled to move to the HSA Bank in mid-March.

I never did much with the Chase account but is the HSA Bank a decent place or should I look into someplace else? Do other custodians offer better investment options?

Any advice or experience is appreciated.
The company I work for used to have the HSA managed by Bancorp. It had nothing great to write about. But, we moved to healthequity this year & it has interesting options. The default ones are not great and have high expense ratios. But, if you agree to pay a certain percentage in fees, it unlocks vanguard funds (Institutional VIIIX and other funds with 0.02% ER) with no minimum funds necessary to invest. That's great (even with some extra fees going towards healthequity for letting me use these).