How to use the Forum [Tech questions]

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Please ask questions on 'how to use the forum' here. The first one I received was:

How to upload an image

This is a two step process. Step one you hit 'upload a file' then once you have uploaded it you decide if you want to show it as a thumbnail or full image.

how to add an image.PNG

Annie H.

Egalatarian
Any hints on how to more effectively respond to posts while quoting using tablet or cell. I find laptop/keyboard much easier for me to edit out portions of original post and it drives me crazy on my tablet. I'd imagine a large proportion of users use cell. What are the hints/tips for tablet and does it have anything to do with Android vs that other OS

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Any hints on how to more effectively respond to posts while quoting using tablet or cell. I find laptop/keyboard much easier for me to edit out portions of original post and it drives me crazy on my tablet. I'd imagine a large proportion of users use cell. What are the hints/tips for tablet and does it have anything to do with Android vs that other OS
It may (or may not) improve with the next update. In the interim this might help: http://www.algonquincollege.com/ccol/courses/learn-to-use-your-ipad-or-tablet/

Annie H.

Egalatarian

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
In no way could I use a tablet to do day to day tasks.
Even though this site is optimized for mobile devices. It's still a PITA to use even on a 5.5" display. Even harder if I'm carrying my iPhone 5 with me.
(Lord knows how it must feel on a 4/4S)

Annie H.

Egalatarian
In no way could I use a tablet to do day to day tasks.
Even though this site is optimized for mobile devices. It's still a PITA to use even on a 5.5" display. Even harder if I'm carrying my iPhone 5 with me.
(Lord knows how it must feel on a 4/4S)
Well... I don't! But I want to make sure I'm not behind the curve. I do financial stuff and most MS w/keyboard but I'm tired of being stuck in my office so much. I use tablet at night in bed for ebooks--at least I used to before I started reading the forum and trying to respond, in the middle of the night when I can't sleep and sometimes in the morning when I'm too lazy to get out of bed. Also, it seems like everyone in the world younger than I uses their cell for everything. I've considered keyboard for tablet-Nexus 7--but prolly wouldn't want to take that to bed with me since I have a 5X option for that ;).

R

RamboAroundTheWorld

This will get better in the upcoming forum update. Probably be just a few more weeks until its finished cooking in the oven.

There is a known bug in iOS where the cursor or screen view will get stuck inside the reply box when editing/replying. If that happens, hit the DONE button, then tap inside the box to start typing again.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
This will get better in the upcoming forum update. Probably be just a few more weeks until its finished cooking in the oven.

There is a known bug in iOS where the cursor or screen view will get stuck inside the reply box when editing/replying. If that happens, hit the DONE button, then tap inside the box to start typing again.
I've kind of discovered some of this the hard way but the problem I have is switching back and forth between dictating/voice and type or swype (gotta get swift key) when I have to make corrections. It's hard to delete/edit portions of what I'm quoting and somehow it keeps pasting stuff I haven't cut or copied. It's a real PIA . I keep forgetting to look into a keyboard for the Nexus.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
How to create a table in this forum:

We are using BBCodes for this task, so a copy/paste into the post will not work. If you need to easily convert a table (such as Excel) into BBCode use this site, http://theenemy.dk/table/ then copy and paste the BBC output into a post.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
How can I post something in level 1 but still prevent it from being indexed by google?
You can't. If you want to keep it off google put it in Level 2. There is an area within MS called Off Topic Chat and Level 2 deals that would work.