How to redeem Hilton Honors points

StealthyMSer

Level 2 Member
Okay so a few weeks ago I signed up for the American express hilton honors credit card for the $100 statement credit and 75,000 hilton points. But how do I actually redeem these points? I have been given a hilton member number but in order to login to my hilton Honors account I need a password, except I don't have a password, meaning how am I supposed to redeem the points? My hilton member number is listed directly below my points balance on the home page of my amex card I tried making a password by "resetting" may passord on the hilton website but I keep getting an error that the account number doesn't exist. What do I do?

Cmonman76

Level 2 Member
Have you actually made a Hilton Honors account? Try to register and see if you can enter the HH number they assigned you during registration.

StealthyMSer

Level 2 Member
Have you actually made a Hilton Honors account? Try to register and see if you can enter the HH number they assigned you during registration.
Yeah well I figured it out.

I hadn't actually made a hilton Honors account yet, so it was made when I got the credit card. But Amex only gave me the member number and nothing else, so I couldn't do anything with the account.

I created another new account with all my informaiton and called hilton. They then did some stuff and merged the account I just created with the member number amex gave me, meaning I now actually have one account.

Lesson learned. If you're gonna sign up for co-branded credit cards in the future, make an account with the airline or hotel FIRST.

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
Yeah well I figured it out.

I hadn't actually made a hilton Honors account yet, so it was made when I got the credit card. But Amex only gave me the member number and nothing else, so I couldn't do anything with the account.

I created another new account with all my informaiton and called hilton. They then did some stuff and merged the account I just created with the member number amex gave me, meaning I now actually have one account.

Lesson learned. If you're gonna sign up for co-branded credit cards in the future, make an account with the airline or hotel FIRST.
Good lesson! Don't forget to enter the correct Membership # when applying too!