How to: not panic when starting out

ctbarron

Level 2 Member
ctbarron submitted a new resource:

How to: not panic when starting out - Avoid panic when the following common MS situations occur

After you start MS activities, you will run into situations that cause some level of panic. Hopefully this will help you avoid heartburn. Understanding these will also hopefully help you resist the urge to call into a company, yell at store personnel, etc.

Credit Card Activity

Ignore pending charges, with one exception noted below. MS-related charges often appear in strange manners when you view your credit card activity. No reason to contact your bank at this point – wait until the...
Read more about this resource...

smittytabb

Staff member
Just an aside is that I would be careful with ("I bought this last week"). Sometimes there are cashiers that sell things to us who will get in trouble if a customer mentions they bought it last week. If there is a manager hearing this, they will likely figure out who it is. This person could be reprimanded or fired. Or the manager puts new procedures in place to make sure it doesn't happen again. I think the best thing to do is just say OK, leave and note the time and who is there and try to come back another time and try again. I would not say a word about when I was successful before.