How to get rid of personal address on search engine?

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
When I search my own name in Google, the 3rd or 4th link is my current mailing address for everyone to see. I don't like that.

I followed the instructions to get my address removed from fastpeoplesearch.com. Still, my address shows up in the search when I click that link, I don't see my name though.

This is very annoying. Is someone trying to be a detective and searching my address? How do I get rid of personal address details from the search?

Thanks.

blueeagle84

Check your social media site's settings. Change it into friends only. Or if it shows in a website, you can contact the administrator of the site.

Ttitle

Level 2 Member
If you are worried about privacy, you may want to check out the Brave web browser. It's got a great ad blocker, privacy, and it's faster than Chrome (and looks just like it).

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
Check your social media site's settings. Change it into friends only. Or if it shows in a website, you can contact the administrator of the site.
If you are worried about privacy, you may want to check out the Brave web browser. It's got a great ad blocker, privacy, and it's faster than Chrome (and looks just like it).
I don't think it's any of those. I always have these things secured. But somehow, the address shows up without my name and I can't clear that. It shows up from the fastpeoplesearch website. I wrote to them, no response. A colleague told me if someone is trying to search for you, the address shows up on that site....

Not believing anything at this time.

blueeagle84

I don't think it's any of those. I always have these things secured. But somehow, the address shows up without my name and I can't clear that. It shows up from the fastpeoplesearch website. I wrote to them, no response. A colleague told me if someone is trying to search for you, the address shows up on that site....

Not believing anything at this time.
Just saw that my comments in Facebook pages come up when I search for my name in Google.

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
I am thinking if freezing my credit reports help. I am also thinking if signing up for free samples or something like that trigger such events. With data breach news I don't know if things are really secure.

dockers

Level 2 Member
It’s probably pulled from the LexisNexus database. At least, that was my conclusion, as I’m in the exact scenario as OP.

kuchbhi001

Yes, I did that long time back. I no longer see my name in that after I did that. However, my home address still shows up in the search result. That is what is annoying me at the moment.
When I search for my address, all it shows is former residents at that address. My name does not show up at all.
I guess I don't understand your concern fully. Anyone can search an address even on Google maps also, how is this any different?

LearnMS

Level 2 Member
When I search for my address, all it shows is former residents at that address. My name does not show up at all.
I guess I don't understand your concern fully. Anyone can search an address even on Google maps also, how is this any different?
Scenario -
You just search your name in search engine. And your current address is displayed for all to see (without my name) in fastpeoplesearch site.

kuchbhi001

Scenario -
You just search your name in search engine. And your current address is displayed for all to see (without my name) in fastpeoplesearch site.
I see. Mine does not show up on Google when I search my name. Even when I search for "My Name fastpeoplesearch", it shows up a bunch of random addresses that have no connection to me whatsoever.

patrickd

I deleted my FB account a while ago because I noticed the same type of things. Privacy settings were ok, though. Not cool.
My wife is on Instgram and Whatsup. I told her to be careful what she posts because she could easily get robbed in the driveway. A lot of these apps will post your home location if you're not careful. As for Google and Yahoo - keep clearing your cookies and use incognito.

Ttitle

Level 2 Member
Use Brave web browser-- great privacy setting and, as a bonus, you can get around a lot of paywalls for NY Times and such. And it is faster than chrome...