How do I receive targeted offers for ebay bucks?

AnyNameYouWish

Level 2 Member
I'm not getting any of the offers for ebay bucks that people post about. I checked my preferences and I'm opted in to receive offers and I am enrolled and earning ebay bucks. Any other trick to get them? It's really frustrating because I'm a long time ebayer/active seller. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

ChuckSithe

Level 2 Member

AnyNameYouWish

Level 2 Member
Thanks! Maybe I'll call. The theory regarding people making regular purchases not getting targeted is interesting and would apply to me. Maybe holding off on purchasing will help too. Thanks again.

Falim

For some reason my settings end up getting changed. I received a targeted offer, didn't for quite a while. Eventually I checked my setting again and the promotions was removed. Added it back and got the last 2 promos.

twentyseventy

Level 2 Member
I haven't been targeted for a Bucks promotion in a LONG time - I have three accounts, one 16 years old, two others about six years old. Started a new one as well; none have seemed to have any luck recently

twentyseventy

Level 2 Member
I haven't been targeted for a Bucks promotion in a LONG time - I have three accounts, one 16 years old, two others about six years old. Started a new one as well; none have seemed to have any luck recently
I stand corrected. Of my 4 accounts, which I just opted in as of two weeks ago, 1 received a 4x Bucks offer and 2 received a 5x offer. Opted in to promotional emails and I click on almost every email they send me. Good luck!

jmorgans

Level 2 Member
Thanks for this info. My wife always receives the bonus bucks offers and I never do. I always assumed it was because I actually use my account and she rarely does. Just checked and saw that she was opted in for offers and I was not. Hopefully I'll start receiving offers soon...

MrDioji

Level 2 Member
I received all the offers after signing up, from November to December. Haven't received anything since. Settings remain the same. Have made 1 ebay purchase since January...

One theory is that the targeted group changes monthly/bimonthly/quarterly. Which may explain why AnyNameYouWish got targeted at the beginning of March.

Barb

Level 2 Member
I stopped getting the ebay offers in 2016. I've changed my settings (opted out, let it sit for a few days and then opted in). I've called ebay. Still don't get offers. I've not changed my purchasing or selling habits. Total mystery to me how these offers are targeted.

VanillaSmack

Level 2 Member
Acting on a tip from the above, I signed up for every possible type of Ebay marketing email and religiously click through at least once on each email I get. Do get a ton of spam - maybe two or three emails per day. But I have been targeted for pretty much every single bonus period since I signed up for Ebay Bucks about six months ago, with the exception of one last month when I still hadn't spent all my earned Bucks from the previous quarter.

Of course no idea if clicking through actually helps, but I offer this datapoint none the less.

Benjamin

Level 2 Member
Acting on a tip from the above, I signed up for every possible type of Ebay marketing email and religiously click through at least once on each email I get. Do get a ton of spam - maybe two or three emails per day. But I have been targeted for pretty much every single bonus period since I signed up for Ebay Bucks about six months ago, with the exception of one last month when I still hadn't spent all my earned Bucks from the previous quarter.

Of course no idea if clicking through actually helps, but I offer this datapoint none the less.
Much appreciated. Will remember to do this now!

Eric Bogs

I've signed up for every type of Ebay marketing email, have bought and sold several items on the site, but still haven't gotten any Ebay bucks offers. You know how sometimes sites will say "Thank you for unsubscribing, please allow 10 days to process this change"? I feel like with Ebay the reverse must be true, except it's permanent ;)

The Rev

I have two ebay accounts, one very old and one very new. Only recently did I start doing a significant amount of MS through ebay. Shortly after signing up for ebucks, I got an 8% on both my accounts. That was 6 weeks ago. Since then, nothing. And I heard there are some pretty good targeted offers floating around right now as I sit here feeling left out.

But I am going to do now what that DoC article suggested and sign up for every single ebay e-mail notification, and click through them regularly.

volker

Level 2 Member
I created a new account a while ago and still didn't get anything.

I couldn't even use my old account since it was created in Europe and even after address change etc I couldn't sign up to ebucks with it. I remember that over 10years ago they merged all countries account management together which lead to a forced rename of your username. The still seem to have it somewhere hard coded. Similar issue with Paypal.

WavyCEO

Level 2 Member
I'm in the boat where I'm signed up for communications from eBay and have a moderately active account and I've gotten nothing since I've sign up *sigh*.

daveinla

Level 2 Member
I've been an Ebay member for well over a decade, but not very active. Never sold anything before. I've subscribed for everything but still never get the targeted offers for increased Ebay bucks.

Glenn

Level 2 Member
Was doing a reasonable traffic in gift cards last year before things degenerated and was getting decent Bucks offers. Tailed off on the traffic and no longer see the offers.

JJAviator

Level 2 Member
Initially I signed up for every marketing email possible but received no BB offers. I then made two changes to my account: I always provide A+ feedback/comments for the GC Ebay merchants - PayPal Digital GCs, GiftCardMall, and SVM -and- I also follow these sellers. No proof that these additions to my account made a difference, but shortly after these changes I began receiving offers and have been receiving the top ones such as 8% steadily, at least for 6 months now.

dockers

Level 2 Member
Adding a DP: have a seller account with 1500+ feedback from when I ran an eBay biz. Never a single bucks offer.

Have a secondary account I use to buy personal items and sell household junk. I get every single bucks offer I've checked on after I see a DoC post on it.

dereck062

Level 2 Member
I have 3/4 active ebay accounts, 2 of them always get ebay bucks , including 10% right now, the other 2 never get them. Maybe open a new account? those communication settings doesn't seem to work btw. just my exp.