Housing/Sublet needed in the Bay Area

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
If Matt can ask for help finding the best price for his kitchen range, I figure I can ask for some leads on housing in the Bay Area.

My adult son needs to rent or sublet a room until April 2015. We knew the Bay Area has a crazy housing market, but never expected it to be so hard for him to find a place. He just told us about two places he looked at last night. One was during an Open House and they had invited 20 people for one available room. At the other, the guy who needed the roommate had interviewed 9 people and would be meeting 3 more before deciding. He's looking on CraigsList and via personal/social networks. Several of the replies he's gotten note that they received over 100 inquiries and would meet around a dozen people. It is harder than getting into Harvard!

He's been looking for a room he could rent in a house/apt but at this point he is also considering stringing together short term sublets until his contract ends I believe in late April. Here's what he's been sending in reply to CraigsList ads:

I just moved to the Bay Area from Portland to start a new job in Event Marketing. A little about me: I am 27, and I love spending time outside - I try to get out climbing, biking, and running as much as I can. I love to travel, and have done a couple of trips to Latin America over the past couple of years. I spent time working back east over the past year, and am happy to get back to the West Coast. I am clean and respectful, and have been living with roommates since I was 18.

He can provide references, credit check, proof of employment, etc. If you have any leads, PM me and I will send you a link to his FB page as well as his contact info. He is willing to live with men, women or couples as long as he has his own room. Thanks much for any help/leads you can provide.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Hey,

Mine is intended to help show others how much you can save, and i'm making it fun by having a prize!

The liberties you guys take!

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
Hey,

Mine is intended to help show others how much you can save, and i'm making it fun by having a prize!

The liberties you guys take!
Hey, it's in the Off Topic Community Forum area! And here I thought maybe someone had a lead ;) !

Maybe what I need is a prize....as part of the event he is doing, he is driving a very high end sports car. Perhaps ride in the car for whomever gets him housing....?

I thought yours was awfully clever - get others to do the work and use part of the savings they find you to fund the prize. Take about gigs ;) !