Hottest Posts Section

yuneeq

Level 2 Member
Similar to how there is a "New Posts" link, is it possible to get a "hottest posts" link?

It'd list out the posts with most likes in the past x hours.

Thoughts?

Steelsnow

Gold Member
Might be useful as a quick route to activity for regular users.

I've noticed that the new posts page does not always refresh when I hit refresh on the browser, the last posts will update but the order on the page remains the same. I found that I have to leave the page and then return (not by backing to it) to get it to refresh.

aegt

Level 2 Member
I like this idea. I have been dreaming of getting someone to write a code for such a thing on FT, especially on the MS and Mileage Run Deals sub-forums. If a deal is really good there is usually a lot of activity and it would be great to have an algo to detect such a thing.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I do check out options for such suggestions, but I dislike it when they are mods to the core as such things aren't well supported and leave future security loopholes. If there is something stable I'll certainly get this, but for now there isn't.

yuneeq

Level 2 Member
I do check out options for such suggestions, but I dislike it when they are mods to the core as such things aren't well supported and leave future security loopholes. If there is something stable I'll certainly get this, but for now there isn't.
Thanks for looking into it.

incendia

Level 2 Member
Might be useful as a quick route to activity for regular users.

I've noticed that the new posts page does not always refresh when I hit refresh on the browser, the last posts will update but the order on the page remains the same. I found that I have to leave the page and then return (not by backing to it) to get it to refresh.
There is a number in the URL of the new post button that changes every time I hit the button, its some sort of tracking, I'm not sure what means exactly but it probably nullifies the refresh button.

What I do is hit the new post button and the new URL will load with the newest posts, so you don't have to leave and come back just hit the button again

Steelsnow

Gold Member
There is a number in the URL of the new post button that changes every time I hit the button, its some sort of tracking, I'm not sure what means exactly but it probably nullifies the refresh button.

What I do is hit the new post button and the new URL will load with the newest posts, so you don't have to leave and come back just hit the button again
That works, thanks!