Hotel self-check in

heavenlyjane

Level 2 Member
Looking for opinions on whether doing self-check-in when prompted by an email is a bad idea. In my experience it seem to lessen/eliminate the option for a courtesy upgrade at the desk. Is that just my imagination?

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
Looking for opinions on whether doing self-check-in when prompted by an email is a bad idea. In my experience it seem to lessen/eliminate the option for a courtesy upgrade at the desk. Is that just my imagination?
I find that if I'm going to get upgraded it usually happens before check-in anyhow. So if I pull up my reservation (IHG, Hilton, Marriott, etc.) and see that I've already scored my desired/expected upgrade - I check in with the app so I get the room I want. If I haven't been upgraded or it's some bogus upgrade (oooohhh a higher floor) than I usually wait until I get to the desk.

heavenlyjane

Level 2 Member
I find that if I'm going to get upgraded it usually happens before check-in anyhow. So if I pull up my reservation (IHG, Hilton, Marriott, etc.) and see that I've already scored my desired/expected upgrade - I check in with the app so I get the room I want. If I haven't been upgraded or it's some bogus upgrade (oooohhh a higher floor) than I usually wait until I get to the desk.
Thanks. You've confirmed my hunch. No more app check-in for me.