Review Holiday Inn JFK

Jeremy

Level 2 Member
Stayed here for one night on an overnight layover in June 2014. Used 20k points.

Platinum status was recognized and given choice of drink & snack, points, or drink at the bar. Took bottled water and a snack.

Room was fairly small but clean. It was fine for two people, but more than that and it would have been tight. We had a fair amount of street noise. I did like that the TV/entertainment system had ports in the center, easily accessible, if one wanted to connect their ipad or other device to the TV.

If you're staying at this hotel and not taking the shuttle here (we did not because we were rerouted to Newark, ugh), make sure the driver takes you to this hotel and not the HIX JFK, which is a few miles away.

Shuttle back to the airport was fine, but busy. We were there about ten minutes before the shuttle's expected departure time and it was almost full.

For one night and 20k points this was pretty good value for a JFK airport hotel.

Katstarr

Level 2 Member
I recommend the Hyatt Place LGA in Flushing. It looks and feels like a Hyatt Place, but being in the middle of Flushing, you feel like you're in China. The hotel is new, has a rooftop level pool, an eh fitness room. Breakfast, which is included has the typical stuff plus an asian selection (tofu, miso etc). You can see the Manhattan skyline and Citifield from the hotel. I wrote a blog post about it if anyone wants to see it - just ask.