Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed several Hilton's in BCN:

Alexandra Barcelona (doubletree) Cat 7 $155 per night for my stay
Hilton Diagnol Mar Cat 5
Hilton Barcelona Cat 5

Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 2.13.54 PM.png

From the three, the Alexandra looks the best location, but I wondered if anyone had any previous experience with these properties?

Differentplanet

Level 2 Member
If you want to be close to the action, I suggest Alexandra Barcelona (doubletree) . Hilton Barcelona is a bit off and more of a standard Hilton business hotel. The lounge is fine but I probably wouldn't stay here with my family and kids. If you have kids, Hilton Diagnol Mar can be great. It's close to the convention center. There's a decent pool. Great view from the lounge (great snacks and wine too). Moreover, there's at least one playgrounds (unusual for Spain) across the street. There's are restaurants close by, a shopping mall and a Metro station. It's a short walk to the beach. Unfortunately it's distant from the airport and ~20 min by Metro from the main attractions. If you're there for the main attractions (culture) I would pick the Doubletree, if you want to give your kid a good time as well, perhaps Diagonal Mar may be more appropriate.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
If you want to be close to the action, I suggest Alexandra Barcelona (doubletree) . Hilton Barcelona is a bit off and more of a standard Hilton business hotel. The lounge is fine but I probably wouldn't stay here with my family and kids. If you have kids, Hilton Diagnol Mar can be great. It's close to the convention center. There's a decent pool. Great view from the lounge (great snacks and wine too). Moreover, there's at least one playgrounds (unusual for Spain) across the street. There's are restaurants close by, a shopping mall and a Metro station. It's a short walk to the beach. Unfortunately it's distant from the airport and ~20 min by Metro from the main attractions. If you're there for the main attractions (culture) I would pick the Doubletree, if you want to give your kid a good time as well, perhaps Diagonal Mar may be more appropriate.
Thanks! It's been a long time since we have been there, but last time I recall being on La Ramblas, near the Gothic Quarter and enjoyed it, which seems similar to the Alexandra. I guess I'm wondering if the Diagonal Mar is too far out of the action to be useful?

carlos

Level 2 Member
Thanks! It's been a long time since we have been there, but last time I recall being on La Ramblas, near the Gothic Quarter and enjoyed it, which seems similar to the Alexandra. I guess I'm wondering if the Diagonal Mar is too far out of the action to be useful?
You can walk to La Rambla, I did it with my wife several times, its not a short walk but if weather is nice (I was there in April) you really want to be outside and walk everywhere

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
You can walk to La Rambla, I did it with my wife several times, its not a short walk but if weather is nice (I was there in April) you really want to be outside and walk everywhere
Good to know, we've got 2 nights booked now and looking forward to it.