Review Hilton Moorea

Jeremy

Level 2 Member
This is a somewhat dated review; we stayed at the Hilton Moorea in June 2013 for two nights using pre-devaluation Hhonors points. I was Hilton gold at the time.
We were upgraded to a deluxe garden bungalow. The difference between a regular garden bungalow and a deluxe bungalow appears to be that the deluxe bungalows are fully detached instead of duplexed and the deluxe bungalows are closer to the beach. Both classes have a small plunge pool; however, it looks like there is a new category of bungalow that doesn't have the pool, which could affect upgrades -- i.e., book with points into he non-pool one, get upgraded to the regular garden bungalow, instead of book with points into the regular garden bungalow and upgraded to the deluxe bungalow.
I asked the hotel about upgrades, and we were offered, but declined, the following upgrades (prices per night, 100 xpf = 1.12 USD at current rates):
Lagoon Bungalow, 6838 XPF
Overwater Bungalow, 10258 XPF
Panoramic Overwater, 17098 XPF
Garden pool suite, 17098 XPF
We enjoyed the hotel a lot. The location is very pretty, and the bungalow was very comfortable. There was the very small plunge pool, a couple chairs to lay around the pool, and a table setting on the deck that overlooked part of the beach. Our room was ready for us about an hour before regular check-in time, and we were able to do a small late-checkout of about an hour when we departed.
We rented a car -- while nice to have to see Moorea, it's pretty expensive and somewhat unnecessary if you'll be spending most of your time at the resort. Perhaps rent one for a few hours or one day to see more of the island (you can drive around the island in about 90 minutes) and to pick up supplies.
Certain water equipment was provided by the hotel free of charge; we used one of their kayaks for an hour and paddled around the bay, which was lovely. The bay was very warm and calm when we were there.
The cold breakfast buffet for golds was more than adequate for us. Since we had a car, we generally ate at snack shops outside of the hotel for lunch. We had dinner at the hotel's crepes bar -- although I believe I read that the chef has changed since we were there. The food was good but service was slow.
I found the hotel and environment to be very relaxing; I wish we had more time there and would love to return.