Hilton matching status

DanT

Level 2 Member
FYI for anyone who didn't know. Hilton is matching status. You have to send proof of status with another hotel program and your Hilton number by January 11, 2016. Whatever they give you will be good through 3/2017. No idea what they will give for what status. Now if only Marriott would get on the bandwagon and do a status match.....

agrippa472

Level 2 Member
My wife and I both matched from IHG (I am Spire and my wife is Platinum). Very easy and it posted quickly...looking forwards to trying it out when I use up these free night certificates burning a hole in my pocket...

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
Matched Club Carlson Gold to Hilton Gold.

Which means, I think, that I def. need to stay at Hiltons for the reselling conference.

suljaga13

Level 2 Member
I applied for Hilton HHonors Reserve card and got the gold status. I took a screenshot and sent a request to be matched with Best Western Diamond elite status. I get email 1 hour later the same day aproving my status match. Now I have Diamond with Best Western. I take the screenshot of that and shoot email to Hilton asking for status match, 24 hours later I get email with congratulating me on me newly matched Diamond status with Hilton.

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
I sent in Club Carlson Gold and Hilton gave me diamond. I didn't even get an email saying I was matched. I found out 2 mint's ago when I saw the thread update and it occurred to me that I didn't get notified! Huh. Ok, then.

rsvp

X Marks The Spot
FYI for anyone who didn't know. Hilton is matching status. You have to send proof of status with another hotel program and your Hilton number by January 11, 2016. Whatever they give you will be good through 3/2017. No idea what they will give for what status. Now if only Marriott would get on the bandwagon and do a status match.....
What was the email for status match? I'll give it a try now even though it is now past 1/11.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
I wrote Hilton to see if they would match hubs to Hyatt Plat for Diamond status. While I already have it, and it won't make much difference since we travel together, it does make booking easier. Some of the hotels in EU are under his name. I was trying to book the first night with my Diamond and his to follow. Anyway, I got this letter back.

Dear Mr. .....,
Thank you for your reply.

The tier match campaign was launched with the intent to reach out to customers, such as you, who are frequent travelers with other hotel brand but are willing to switch over to Hilton portfolio brands. Given your considerable volume of your travel and to maintain the integrity of the program, any extension of the tier would be solely based on eligibility per our program standards (for Diamond tier- you are required 30 stays/ 60 nights or 120k base points).

We want to thank your continuous loyalty and understanding and hope to welcome you at our Hilton portfolio of Brands.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the Hilton Worldwide Service Center location nearest you.

I was in a snarky mood and wrote back, "So because I have booked stays with Hilton, I'm not eligible to be matched to my Hyatt Plat status? However, I can cancel those stays, book with Hyatt and then be eligible for a match? "

I just got this response:

Congratulations!!! You are a Diamond member valid until March 31, 2018. Please allow 4 weeks to receive your card mailed to the address on your account.

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us. For immediate assistance, please click on the link below for the contact number of the Hilton Worldwide Service Center location nearest you.

So we now have the following
Hyatt Platt
Hilton Diamond
Club Carlson Gold
Marriott Silver
SPG Perferred

Anything else I can do?

smittytabb

Staff member
I wrote Hilton to see if they would match hubs to Hyatt Plat for Diamond status. While I already have it, and it won't make much difference since we travel together, it does make booking easier. Some of the hotels in EU are under his name. I was trying to book the first night with my Diamond and his to follow. Anyway, I got this letter back.

Dear Mr. .....,

The tier match campaign was launched with the intent to reach out to customers, such as you, who are frequent travelers with other hotel brand but are willing to switch over to Hilton portfolio brands. Given your considerable volume of your travel and to maintain the integrity of the program, any extension of the tier would be solely based on eligibility per our program standards (for Diamond tier- you are required 30 stays/ 60 nights or 120k base points).

We want to thank your continuous loyalty and understanding and hope to welcome you at our Hilton portfolio of Brands.

I was in a snarky mood and wrote back, "So because I have booked stays with Hilton, I'm not eligible to be matched to my Hyatt Plat status? However, I can cancel those stays, book with Hyatt and then be eligible for a match? "

I just got this response:

Congratulations!!! You are a Diamond member valid until March 31, 2018. Please allow 4 weeks to receive your card mailed to the address on your account.

So we now have the following
Hyatt Platt
Hilton Diamond
Club Carlson Gold
Marriott Silver
SPG Perferred

Anything else I can do?
Best Western? Why not?

Code:
http://www.bestwestern.com/rewards/offers/status-match.asp
Check out status matcher to see what else is out there.

Code:
http://statusmatcher.com/
Guess you don't have a Amex Plat, because if you did you would have SPG Gold.

Apply for IHG credit card and get Platinum status. (Maybe you already tried that).

haserfauld

Level 2 Member
That's great! I have SPG Gold (from Plat) and Hilton Gold (from Prestige). I'd love to get something with Hyatt, but I have nothing. I don't hold the Hyatt CC, because I haven't had a trip worthy of the 2 free e-certs yet.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
Best Western? Why not?

Code:
http://www.bestwestern.com/rewards/offers/status-match.asp
Check out status matcher to see what else is out there.

Code:
http://statusmatcher.com/
Guess you don't have a Amex Plat, because if you did you would have SPG Gold.

Apply for IHG credit card and get Platinum status. (Maybe you already tried that).
No Amex Plat. Maybe next time around. Doubt if I'd get approved for IHG although it's worth a try with the next CCs I go for. Definitely will go for Best Western! Thanks.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
That's great! I have SPG Gold (from Plat) and Hilton Gold (from Prestige). I'd love to get something with Hyatt, but I have nothing. I don't hold the Hyatt CC, because I haven't had a trip worthy of the 2 free e-certs yet.
I didn't plan a trip because I wasn't sure if we'd be approved. Figured I'd go for the cards first. :)

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
I don't have the Hyatt, so going to request that, from the Hilton and SPG. SPG was basically, Gold Lite, from having the SPG biz card, but I wanted actual gold.

The very rapid response email I got in answer to my request on the website stated, among other things, that the author was also HH Gold, but that SPG does so much more for their members!

As two of our 7 nights on the PCH are at SPG properties (San Diego and Santa Monica) it will be nice to see just what that involves.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
I don't have the Hyatt, so going to request that, from the Hilton and SPG. SPG was basically, Gold Lite, from having the SPG biz card, but I wanted actual gold.

The very rapid response email I got in answer to my request on the website stated, among other things, that the author was also HH Gold, but that SPG does so much more for their members!

As two of our 7 nights on the PCH are at SPG properties (San Diego and Santa Monica) it will be nice to see just what that involves.
I also have the SPG biz. I like your description "Gold Lite." Who would have thought a year ago I would even be talking about status. I had never stayed in any of the above hotels before.

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
I just read on some blog or other that Hilton was extending their match and to apply for a new card online. Sure enough I got an email stating that my new status was effective through March 31, 2019! I saved the mail but do you think they will really honor this?

I haven't found Diamond to be so wonderful and the hotels are pretty much nothing special, except so far for the Conrad in Tokyo and I guess my points stay upcoming at Conrad Maldives. Still, it can't be terrible and perhaps I could get a match somewhere else off this one?

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
I got an email from Hilton saying I was upgraded to Diamond until March 31, 2019 but now they say it must have been an error and offered me 5000 points which would get me about two hours in a hotel. Not sure what I can do even though I saved copy and screenshot. Twitterverse?