Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona (pricing more for child)

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Noticed that Hilton offered different inventory for 2 adults vs 2 adults+1 child. For 2 adults I could book a 30K room, but with the child added they pushed me into a 96K price point. My plan is to book 1 night 30K on each of our accounts and call up the Diamond line (I presume there is one?) and merge reservations and add child.

Wife Gold, Me Diamond. Booking my night first in the hope they give us the Presidential Suite and leave us in it.

Price for 2 adults (King room available)
Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 2.07.48 PM.png

Price for 2 adults and 1 child (King Deluxe is lowest level available)

Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 2.16.01 PM.png

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
Hmm, let me know how the merger goes. We have 5 nights in Rome, which will be under my Diamond status. Three nights in Venice, hubs Gold status, and single night in Rome (pending) that I was going to cover. Hubs could cover the single Rome and I could take one of his Venice nights. I really dislike the fact you can't merge points.

Ridiculous on the cost with a kid added in!

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
It's an example of a weird hotel policy in the system that forces a 3rd person into a different category of room. I'm trying to circumvent that by buying a smaller room then getting a real human to adjust the reservation manually.

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
I'm thinking it's because the King Hilton has a max occupancy of 2, so 3 people forces you into the King Bed Deluxe, which is a premium room. I hate that a number of hotels (especially in europe) where standard rooms have limits of 2, making it tough for families. Hopefully, they'd allow you to book it with a baby as the 3rd, but I don't know..

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking it's because the King Hilton has a max occupancy of 2, so 3 people forces you into the King Bed Deluxe, which is a premium room. I hate that a number of hotels (especially in europe) where standard rooms have limits of 2, making it tough for families. Hopefully, they'd allow you to book it with a baby as the 3rd, but I don't know..
I think I'm entitled to it. I'm a Diamond.

ncSam

Level 2 Member
Hmm, let me know how the merger goes. We have 5 nights in Rome, which will be under my Diamond status. Three nights in Venice, hubs Gold status, and single night in Rome (pending) that I was going to cover. Hubs could cover the single Rome and I could take one of his Venice nights. I really dislike the fact you can't merge points.

I didn't stay at the Hilton in Rome, but I can say that my experience as a Diamond in Venice was fantastic. Diamonds are the only ones that get lounge access on standard bookings (we had one room under my Diamond account and one under my girlfriend's Gold account). The lounge is off of the lobby now, right beside the restaurant downstairs. It has decent food and drink options in the evening. Forget it for breakfast, as the breakfast buffet offered in another part of the hotel was out of this world.

As a Diamond, I was also given an upgrade from the lowest level room to a large suite with a water view.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
NcSam, this will be our first trip using any type of status. Until Matt's post, I had planned for the nights in Venice to be under hubs name. Wasn't even thinking about Gold versus Diamond status. I know room upgrades aren't guaranteed, but one can always hope. :)

carlos

Level 2 Member
I stayed last year at Hilton Diagonal Mar, nice hotel, close to train station, love the lounge, was there for bkfast and drinks every day. Enjoy