Hilton Booking Question

haserfauld

Level 2 Member
My parents have an upcoming trip to Pittsburgh. They're looking to stay in a DoubleTree property, and they don't have any status. I have Hilton Gold, so I figured I could book on their behalf. I've never done this, so I want to make sure I don't make any newb mistakes.

Guest details auto-fill with my info. I can add a second guest, which is where I assume I'd add my dad. No issue with it being my dad and mom staying, and the reservation listing two males?

Also, could he pay using his CC? I have a Hilton AMEX, but he may give them a card when he checks in.

Thanks for the help!

smittytabb

Staff member
My parents have an upcoming trip to Pittsburgh. They're looking to stay in a DoubleTree property, and they don't have any status. I have Hilton Gold, so I figured I could book on their behalf. I've never done this, so I want to make sure I don't make any newb mistakes.

Guest details auto-fill with my info. I can add a second guest, which is where I assume I'd add my dad. No issue with it being my dad and mom staying, and the reservation listing two males?

Also, could he pay using his CC? I have a Hilton AMEX, but he may give them a card when he checks in.

Thanks for the help!
Every single property is different. If you add your Dad and not your Mom, just have him check in by himself. If you want to be above board, add both of them to the reservation. You might need to call Hilton to do that. Most will want one of their names to be on the reservation in order to check in. Some will want to call you to OK it, some not. And as long as someone pays, whose credit card is used seems not to matter. If you have your credit card in the profile, sometimes at Hilton, they just will charge that one, so if you want him to use his, he will have to tell them he's using a different card than the one in the profile. Hyatt is the strictest of all the hotels, IMHO.

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
Hyatt is the strictest of all the hotels, IMHO.
In contrary, Hyatt is not strict about this at all (unless you are using your Chase free nights). I've had no problems with adding a family member as a second guest on the room and say they are checking in before me. They use their own CC to pay for the room and I still get stay/night credit. Note - This may be different internationally.

smittytabb

Staff member
In contrary, Hyatt is not strict about this at all (unless you are using your Chase free nights). I've had no problems with adding a family member as a second guest on the room and say they are checking in before me. They use their own CC to pay for the room and I still get stay/night credit. Note - This may be different internationally.
Interesting. You are right about internationally. Passport needed and I would not be willing to ever try this in that situation.

cdancer20

Level 2 Member
Interesting. You are right about internationally. Passport needed and I would not be willing to ever try this in that situation.
Have you had a different experience with Hyatt? I think I read that SPG may be the hardest. You don't get stay credit if someone else's credit card is used to pay for the room. (Only read it, no direct experience.) With Hyatt, they don't care how you pay (even though the T&C may say differently).

CWAL

Level 2 Member
I've done this one or twice on award bookings internationally, with no problems so far. Got a hotel with airport shuttle for my GF on her way home from Dublin, just put her name as secondary. They didn't give her my Diamond benefits, other than that she had zero issues checking in. I don't think they even asked for a credit card from her.