Hilton booking issue

sriki

Level 2 Member
I booked two nights at the HILTON QUEENSTOWN RESORT & SPA for Dec 3rd and 4th 2015 using my points. But, my plans changed and had to move my trip to Jan 6th and 7th 2017. While changing the dates on the reservation, I mistakenly selected Jan 3rd and 4th instead. I clicked through without paying much attention* to any cancellation policy considering I'm just changing an existing reservation.

When I realized my mistake (within 30 mins), I tried to change it. But, now, it says I cannot change the reservation. So, I called Hilton reservations/customer support. They were not much of any help. They said that the dates I mistakenly booked are peak dates and cannot be cancelled/changed now. Now, this is a mistake that was caught in less than 30 minutes. It's mind boggling that they would not recognize that even for a diamond member. Is there any other way to get this resolved? (I already emailed the hotel directly to see if they would accommodate my mistake)

* I haven't slept in 40 hours and was in the air for 6 of those. So, attention to detail is something I am incapable of. right now.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
Destroy the hotel so they can't possibly honor your stay? :p

Never heard of a points booking being nonrefundable. My advice: get some rest. When you feel normal again, keep calling, ask for supervisors, start with the puppy voice, gradually move towards "I'm a Diamond member".

And next time you consider operating under such tiredness, smack yourself and remember this incident.

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
Sorry to hear. I know in the past some people have had luck reaching out to the hotel directly to make the adjustment with nonrefundable cash res, I would think the same would be true for points... never seen a non refundable Hilton points res though...

MickiSue

Level 2 Member
I agree; tweets are useful. As is Italdesign's suggestion about not doing things exhausted.

Last month, in a pneumonia fever, I overdrew Husband's checking account by making $4500 in payments on an account with a balance of $2500.

Lucky for me, we have an understanding banker at our small bank, and I quickly deposited some MO's.