Hilton Bentley South Beach

inflightmeal

Level 2 Member
Just spent four nights there. Used 60k points/night x2, and two free night certificates. Got upgraded to Partial Oceanview Suite (in this case, partial was 75%!) Property is at 1st and Ocean -- on the beach. It's actually a boutique property. Read some negative reviews here and there but my experience was 10/10. Love love loved it! I recommend.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Just spent four nights there. Used 60k points/night x2, and two free night certificates. Got upgraded to Partial Oceanview Suite (in this case, partial was 75%!) Property is at 1st and Ocean -- on the beach. It's actually a boutique property. Read some negative reviews here and there but my experience was 10/10. Love love loved it! I recommend.
We almost went there to use ours, I can't remember what happened in the end, but I think I screwed up and had to take a weekend at the Conrad in Chicago - I hate vouchers!

inflightmeal

Level 2 Member
We almost went there to use ours, I can't remember what happened in the end, but I think I screwed up and had to take a weekend at the Conrad in Chicago - I hate vouchers!
I hear ya, but I like category-less vouchers! There's a Conrad in Miami but it's Downtown and not on the Beach. Was hoping to use our vouchers at a Conrad but this one was worth it.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I hear ya, but I like category-less vouchers! There's a Conrad in Miami but it's Downtown and not on the Beach. Was hoping to use our vouchers at a Conrad but this one was worth it.
Yep, the only saving grace was that early that year/perhaps the year prior we got 4 nights in at Conrad Tokyo, Maldives and Rome Cavalieri for 145K each :)

smittytabb

Staff member
Used my certs from cc there too for a weekend anniversary trip. Sounds like you were in a similar upgraded room to me. Side balcony rather than full frontal was a lot of ocean for sure. We had a suite with a living room and full kitchen. Loved the restaurant on property too.

Andrew

Level 2 Member
My wife and I stayed at this property this past February and really enjoyed it.

I think we needed to burn 70K Hilton points per night, which was pretty steep, but it was a last minute booking and we wanted to be right on the beach, so it was worth it in our opinion.

They upgraded us to a suite with a full ocean view, kitchen, and living room. Our three days there helped us make it through the next five weeks of weekly snowstorms that hit the Boston-area.

inflightmeal

Level 2 Member
Used my certs from cc there too for a weekend anniversary trip. Sounds like you were in a similar upgraded room to me. Side balcony rather than full frontal was a lot of ocean for sure. We had a suite with a living room and full kitchen. Loved the restaurant on property too.
Restaurant on property -- despite having won a James Beard award -- has changed from high-end Cuban to French. I believe that just happened. Prime Italian is in the building (though not 'part' of the hotel.)

Side balcony in East Tower overlooks a ton of blue sea!

smittytabb

Staff member
Restaurant on property -- despite having won a James Beard award -- has changed from high-end Cuban to French. I believe that just happened. Prime Italian is in the building (though not 'part' of the hotel.)

Side balcony in East Tower overlooks a ton of blue sea!
Loved the Nuevo Latino restaurant. Having been to Cuba, I cannot call most things we do here Cuban cuisine. Dearth of ingredients there makes our versions of Cuban food impossible. Yeah best partial ocean views ever!