Help with "missing" iPad

Toni Perkins

Level 2 Member
hubs left his iPad on the first segment of our AA flight from DEN-MIA-CUN. Our flight attendant emailed me AND text messaged me informing that a man found it in his seat pocket and that she personally took it to lost and found and had them put my name on it so when we got back in the country we would have no trouble getting it back. It's been well over a month now and we have left about a million phone messages, you don't actually get to talk to a person, sent tweets, emailed lost and found and even filed a complaint and the only response we get is that they will contact us if it is found. Well, according to the flight attendent it is found and they have it in MIA lost and found!!! Does anyone know what we can do to get this back? I have the emails and the texts from the flight attendant stating she brought it to lost and found and it's there waiting for us.

smittytabb

Staff member
hubs left his iPad on the first segment of our AA flight from DEN-MIA-CUN. Our flight attendant emailed me AND text messaged me informing that a man found it in his seat pocket and that she personally took it to lost and found and had them put my name on it so when we got back in the country we would have no trouble getting it back. It's been well over a month now and we have left about a million phone messages, you don't actually get to talk to a person, sent tweets, emailed lost and found and even filed a complaint and the only response we get is that they will contact us if it is found. Well, according to the flight attendent it is found and they have it in MIA lost and found!!! Does anyone know what we can do to get this back? I have the emails and the texts from the flight attendant stating she brought it to lost and found and it's there waiting for us.
Ask if FA can arrange to have AA ship it to you (at your expense). I have left things and tracked them down and had them do this. I did this within 24 hours of when it went missing though. I have also had things just disappear too even though I had confirmation they were in lost and found with other airlines.

Toni Perkins

Level 2 Member
Ask if FA can arrange to have AA ship it to you (at your expense). I have left things and tracked them down and had them do this. I did this within 24 hours of when it went missing though. I have also had things just disappear too even though I had confirmation they were in lost and found with other airlines.
Dang, I hope that we can find it. It's pretty new and of course we don't have insurance on it. I'll try option one and see what happens. Thanksor the advice! You are always so great at answering questions, and I really truly appreciate it! :)

smittytabb

Staff member
Dang, I hope that we can find it. It's pretty new and of course we don't have insurance on it. I'll try option one and see what happens. Thanksor the advice! You are always so great at answering questions, and I really truly appreciate it! :)
Best of luck!

Gail

Level 2 Member
If it turns out that the iPad isn't there you could report it as stolen. Many credit cards have a replacement policy for items broken or stolen within a period of time. Don't remember the time period, maybe a year?

MarkD

Level 2 Member
Have you tried the "Find my iPhone (iPad)" app? You may be able to narrow down the location and then try to get a phone number from somewhere close - assuming it was tracking. It only tracks if the iPad is turned on and you can set the status to lost and post your phone number.

We recently returned from a trip and couldn't locate our iPad. Found it under a pile of laundry waiting for the wash... :eek:

oso

Level 2 Member
Yikes, this happened to my mum yesterday on JetBlue. I tweeted them straightaway to get a working phone number for their office at the airport. The iPad was found and luckily still there when my mum returned.

Another similar app is Lookout. I believe the free version covers two devices. Install some tracking apps on all of your devices!

Hope you purchased the iPad with a credit card. I think even basic cards offer theft coverage.

Good luck!