Help me with path forward with elite status!

thepaul500

Level 2 Member
Okay, this is complicated, and hoping maybe someone can shed some expertise. I have a rule (that we break) to only fly business for overnight flights, deep discount paid or award. Domestic has been great with almost 100% upgrades on DL. We almost exclusively fly together other than a few business trips (maybe 20k miles/year).

I will easily requal for DL diamond this year. End up with easily 175000 MQM.
My wife is DM now, will likely end up with just over 50k MQM giving her gold next year (could get her to 75k mqm with MS if needed easily)

We have zero Delta flights booked in 2016 so far, but it is safe to assume I will requal again as long as nothing changes. So, we are set for skyteam status.

For oneworld:
We have just over 50,000 eqp worth of business class flights booked starting Dec 31st-June 1, unless they extend the promo then it will get close to 75k.

My two options as I see it:
Match my wife to Alaska 75k. Credit all her DL flights next year to them. Keep DL for me.
Have us both sign up for AA Plat challenge (will meet requirements over new years trip). Credit upcoming flights to AA.
--OR--
Have us both match to Alaska 75k and credit all flights to Alaska.

Alaska miles are by far more valuable than AA, however, we have a ton of AA miles to burn and free redeposit could be really helpful next year as we are planning a month-long trip (though could switch book some with Alaska instead.)

However, her upgrade percentage on DL will suffer (meaning I'll sit in coach....) next year.

Anyone ever been in a similar situation or thoughts? I don't put a high value on status, though I will say being treated like a human on the phone and DL bending/breaking rules for us has been amazing.