Held ticket on AA.com

knarayan

Level 2 Member
Hi.. This is more of an FYI. I had a ticket on hold from ZUR to BOS on AA.com and it was set to expire at 11.59 P.M. CEST (Central European Summer Time). However AA.com cancelled it before the expiration time. I am not sure how long before it cancelled. I caught it 5 hours before the expiration time and was able to get it reinstated by talking to a supervisor. The regular agents will not be able to help you at all!!

smittytabb

Staff member
Hi.. This is more of an FYI. I had a ticket on hold from ZUR to BOS on AA.com and it was set to expire at 11.59 P.M. CEST (Central European Summer Time). However AA.com cancelled it before the expiration time. I am not sure how long before it cancelled. I caught it 5 hours before the expiration time and was able to get it reinstated by talking to a supervisor. The regular agents will not be able to help you at all!!
Where are you located? I am in CST time zone and my holds are until midnight CST, but what I don't know is if the hold expires at the same time zone for everyone or at midnight at the time zone where you live. Headquartered in Fort Worth, TX, AA is in the CST time zone so if there were a time zone for holds to expire, that would make the most sense.

taxicabnumber

Level 2 Member
Where are you located? I am in CST time zone and my holds are until midnight CST, but what I don't know is if the hold expires at the same time zone for everyone or at midnight at the time zone where you live. Headquartered in Fort Worth, TX, AA is in the CST time zone so if there were a time zone for holds to expire, that would make the most sense.
Holds are generally supposed to expire at 11:59PM in the time zone that your ticket originates from.

knarayan

Level 2 Member
CEST is Central European Standard Time. And in my case it was from Zurich to JFK and hence as taxicabnumber mentioned above it was expiring at Zurich Local Time

smittytabb

Staff member
CEST is Central European Standard Time. And in my case it was from Zurich to JFK and hence as taxicabnumber mentioned above it was expiring at Zurich Local Time
Right, so what I am not clear on is if it expired at CEST and caught you off guard because you were not expecting it to be then, or if it expired before the stated time CEST. There are numerous reasons that flights can come off of hold before expiration, among them, doing other searches that might conflict with the held flight and attempting to hold them as well.

knarayan

Level 2 Member
Right, so what I am not clear on is if it expired at CEST and caught you off guard because you were not expecting it to be then, or if it expired before the stated time CEST. There are numerous reasons that flights can come off of hold before expiration, among them, doing other searches that might conflict with the held flight and attempting to hold them as well.
It actually expired before the stated time CEST. I was trying to booking around 6 hours before the expiry.