Hawaii-July 4th of 2016

floridaboy44

Level 2 Member
This is my first time booking award flights and I could use some advice and help. I am looking for 2 tickets on an AA flight from jacksonville or atlanta to Honolulu for the week of July 4th 2016. I want to stay 6 nights then fly out of Honolulu or Maui. I have around 200,000 AA miles. I found some first class savers rates on their web site but didn't know if I should book or wait. Any other options?

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
This is my first time booking award flights and I could use some advice and help. I am looking for 2 tickets on an AA flight from jacksonville or atlanta to Honolulu for the week of July 4th 2016. I want to stay 6 nights then fly out of Honolulu or Maui. I have around 200,000 AA miles. I found some first class savers rates on their web site but didn't know if I should book or wait. Any other options?
Why wait? You found the tickets you want for the dates you want... if these were cash tickets, then one could argue for waiting for the cash price to go down. With award tix, availability may just go away (and likely the # of points needed will eventually go up again).