Review Grand Hyatt Taipei

smittytabb

Staff member
What seems to get a lot of buzz on the blogs is that this property is haunted. It's not the first supposedly haunted hotel I have stayed at, and I am sure it is not the last...something about it being built over a Japanese execution site and prison camp. My experience at the hotel was anything but haunting. This property is Hyatt category 3 and so the Points + Cash redemption is a real steal. So $75 a night plus 6,000 points gets you a lot of value in a terrific location right adjacent to Taipei 101 Mall & Financial Tower. Arriving from TPE is as easy as catching the CitiAir Bus which takes you right to the front of the hotel for a reasonable TWD 145 (less than $5). The suites were being upgraded when I arrived for my 3 night stay (guess that's where the ghosts were hanging too), so no upgrade, but the room was very comfortable with a city view. The concierge lounge is one of the best I have seen. It has a wonderful view of Taipei 101, which I consider one of the most elegantly beautiful buildings in the world. The lounge features multiple food and drink opportunities each day including an amazing buffet breakfast with a dim sum chef making food to order on site, an evening reception that absolutely can serve as dinner, and a later dessert and drink offering. The service in the lounge is very attentive and personal. There is a good concierge service both in the lounge and on the main floor of the hotel. This hotel really exceeded my expectations in every way and I would not hesitate to stay again. It is traditionally elegant on a grand scale, and in one of the best locations.