GO GIANTS!

cocobird

Level 2 Member
Woo-Hoo! I was brought up on the Giants by my Mom of all people. She learned to love the game by going with her dad when she was a kid.

Although I had to go to school even when I was sick, I was allowed to miss school on opening day. :)

Will always remember watching Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, the Alou Brothers, Gaylord Perry, Juan Marichel and the rest of Giants. Waited for many decades to finally cheer a Giant win in the World Series.

Annie H.

Egalatarian
Woo-Hoo! I was brought up on the Giants by my Mom of all people. She learned to love the game by going with her dad when she was a kid.

Although I had to go to school even when I was sick, I was allowed to miss school on opening day. :)

Will always remember watching Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, the Alou Brothers, Gaylord Perry, Juan Marichel and the rest of Giants. Waited for many decades to finally cheer a Giant win in the World Series.
Oh man, I grew up in Toledo, Ohio home of the Toledo Mud Hens. I remember listening to baseball as a toddler when--before TV--during the summer every radio in the neighborhood had a bb game on. Then I moved to Detroit to cheer the Tigers. I remember having Al Kaline and Harvey Kuenn autograph my hand and not washing it for days. We even listened to baseball in college while playing bridge and avoiding studying.

In Oct, 1968 I eloped--taking a plane from Detroit to SFO to do the deed. It was the day after the Tigers won the pennant and the celebration crowd was so huge at the airport they closed it down. Mine was the last plane out!
My SO is a huge Giant fan and I've been paying more attention to them in the last decade. Last night he was so excited said, " Candlestick Park" instead of AT&T.

cocobird

Level 2 Member
An excellent set of games with fine performances by both teams. Congratulations to the Giants for winning the World Series.