GCs and Selling

Xtina

Not sure where to post this but...looking for a new GC resell portal. Was wondering if you had any thoughts or bad experiences with cardpool. Looks like you get paid as soon as you sell the card to them, which is different than some other sites that dont pay you until you sell. Just looking for some input and feedback.

Glenn

Level 2 Member
I've had no trouble with them. Haven't used them much recently since a lot of the gift card deals disappeared. Probably need to get my bulk seller status going again with somebody.

Xtina

thanks for your input! there are lots of good offers on amex right now. definitely going to get started. even built my spreadsheet!

scubaduba14

Level 2 Member
Not sure where to post this but...looking for a new GC resell portal. Was wondering if you had any thoughts or bad experiences with cardpool. Looks like you get paid as soon as you sell the card to them, which is different than some other sites that dont pay you until you sell. Just looking for some input and feedback.
ChasingThePoints has alot of GC resell experience and has a several posts that mention CardPool. Take a look at this ... h ttp://saver ocity.co m/chasing thepoints/i-have- a-love-hate-relationship-with-cardpool/ I've also gleaned some information from the comments on this post as several bulk sellers responded ... h ttp://money metagame.co m/giftcar ds/savey a-is-launching-a-new-bulk-sel ler-program/

Last edited:

Patrickthetiger

Level 2 Member
Does the GCW trading club function similar to https://www.reddit.com/r/giftcardexchange/ ?
Negative. GCW sets a percentage of face value that they buy cards at, aggregates all the members' inventory, and then goes and negotiates with the larger exchanges for improved selling rates. For example, GCW will buy GAP gift cards of $25 or $50 denominations at 80% of face value. The best other offer out there is usually only around 71% or so.

scubaduba14

Level 2 Member
Negative. GCW sets a percentage of face value that they buy cards at, aggregates all the members' inventory, and then goes and negotiates with the larger exchanges for improved selling rates. For example, GCW will buy GAP gift cards of $25 or $50 denominations at 80% of face value. The best other offer out there is usually only around 71% or so.
Cool, sounds like they offer competitive prices. I work with Th3PlasticM3rchant as a bulk seller and couldn't recommend them more. Before the market was flooded with Gap GCs they were also buying at 80%. TPM offers a 'no surprise' experience whereby you can reserve your sale before buying and lock in your sell price for at least 48hrs. Both submission and payout is electronic which speeds up the turn around time plus allows me to operate from anywhere around the world whenever deals come live.

Last edited:

Jawa

Level 2 Member
The danger with GCW is that he is not promising to buy your cards at a set price. He's selling your cards for you at a set price. So he can set the price of GAP at 80% and sell them on your behalf but if no one wants to buy it for that price then you are stuck floating for an unknown duration. You have the option to unlist your cards and take them elsewhere, but many other bulk buyers (e.g. TPM) won't take em because GCW could have listed your cards already on Raise or other exchanges. Basically, you need to be much more aware of market conditions when selling on GCW platform because there is more risk on your side.

Xtina

ChasingThePoints has alot of GC resell experience and has a several posts that mention CardPool. Take a look at this ... http://saverocity.com/chasingthepoints/i-have-a-love-hate-relationship-with-cardpool/ I've also gleaned some information from the comments on this post as several bulk sellers responded ... http://moneymetagame.com/giftcards/saveya-is-launching-a-new-bulk-seller-program/
good input! i am wondering tho, how much this is worth the time and effort and money laid out for when i fall short of what it costs me out of pocket. it seems easy but i dont know if it is worth it overall.
i need to MS more and this is like one more headache. i think!

scubaduba14

Level 2 Member
good input! i am wondering tho, how much this is worth the time and effort and money laid out for when i fall short of what it costs me out of pocket. it seems easy but i dont know if it is worth it overall.
i need to MS more and this is like one more headache. i think!
a good bulk seller platform makes the cost breakeven or profitable. margins are small but bulk seller status makes it possible to buy lots of different gift cards and come out ahead. and when everything is electronic it becomes pajama MS which beats standing in line at wally world or the PO. plus it can be quite lucrative when the GCs are acquired from places that code as office supply stores.

Xtina

a good bulk seller platform makes the cost breakeven or profitable. margins are small but bulk seller status makes it possible to buy lots of different gift cards and come out ahead. and when everything is electronic it becomes pajama MS which beats standing in line at wally world or the PO. plus it can be quite lucrative when the GCs are acquired from places that code as office supply stores.
WHY must you make such a compelling argument?!?! right now, i think my goals are to MS on the ink card bc i am in desperate need of points - for some reason, even an economy ticket to rome from newark is a challenge. like, really difficult and i dont know why. but i digress, you make a good point. Perhaps after this trip planning debacle, i will look further into it. (i do enjoy the thrill of shopping...)

Mauddib6

Level 2 Member
I would recommend being part of a couple of these bulk seller platforms listed above or others. Each has their own pros and cons such as what cards they accept, how fast they pay out, are they actually buying your cards or just a middle man. Being part of multiple ones allows you to see some options and provides more opportunity to sell a wider variety of cards that you might happen to end up with because of some deal.

kurt9769

awardflights.co
Currently, CardCash codes as 5x for Ink, so if you can find an arbitrage opportunity, it can be a really easy way to rack up some UR. Also, keep in mind that you can often use gift cards to buy other 3rd party gift cards, which can definitely help you out on the sell side.

MikeT

Great advice, thanks. I've been looking into getting into bulk GC reselling as a method of "at-home" M.S.

Mike843

Currently, CardCash codes as 5x for Ink, so if you can find an arbitrage opportunity, it can be a really easy way to rack up some UR. Also, keep in mind that you can often use gift cards to buy other 3rd party gift cards, which can definitely help you out on the sell side.
Are you positive about the 5x with Ink?
I have project coming up, need $5000.00 of cards for team members. Would love if got 25000 UR!