FT4RL 4 in Orlando, April 23, 2016

BrandiP

Great! I will be arriving Sat at 8:30 (If plans stay the same) and staying through Tuesday morning. I do have a car booked so I can be available to shuttle people to dinner/parks on Saturday night and Sunday. I think I might do a WDW tour on Monday. Something I would never do with the kids, but since I'm traveling solo might be my only chance!

Peridot83

Level 2 Member
Just about to book flights/hotel. Coming in Wednesday or Thursday and flying out Tuesday. I'm bringing my mom and two kids 3 and 6. Mom will be watching the kids Sat, if anyone else is bringing small kids we'd love to meet up. I'm thinking I'll do Art of Animation. Standard rooms are only $157, and I know my daughter will go crazy for the Mermaid themed rooms.

Dia

Level 2 Member
$157 is pretty good for AOA, and the Mermaid rooms are almost always sold out. Remember you can also book on an OTA such as Orbitz and get the same benefits- you just register the room res to your account after booking.

Dia

Level 2 Member
Great! I will be arriving Sat at 8:30 (If plans stay the same) and staying through Tuesday morning. I do have a car booked so I can be available to shuttle people to dinner/parks on Saturday night and Sunday. I think I might do a WDW tour on Monday. Something I would never do with the kids, but since I'm traveling solo might be my only chance!
I can recommend Segway at Epcot- Deal Dad did it a few years ago and still raves. You get to tool around Epcot an hour early!

Peridot83

Level 2 Member
$157 is pretty good for AOA, and the Mermaid rooms are almost always sold out. Remember you can also book on an OTA such as Orbitz and get the same benefits- you just register the room res to your account after booking.
I have just about the cost of the hotel sitting in a Disney Vacation Account from collecting highly discounted gift cards. I was planning to use it all for tickets, but I'd rather take advantage of the undercover tourist amex offer.

Last edited:

Peridot83

Level 2 Member
@Dia any idea where the pre and post FTRL dinners might be? Any chance they'll be at any of the Disney resorts or Disney Springs. I'm guessing they are too hard to book for a big group, but think I'll be doing the dinning plan so I just wanted to plan ahead.

Last edited:

Nam

I actually live in Orlando in the downtown area, about 15 minutes away from the Hyatt Place. We can do a dinner downtown?

Disney is actually like 30-45 minutes away from the Hyatt Place Airport. Unless you plan on actually doing Disney while you are here, DT would be better

Haley

I am not a robot
Fast Pass+ window is open, book those FP+! You don't have to use them but they are nice to have when you want them :)

Haley

I am not a robot
My current plan is to hit the food booths at Epcot on Friday if anyone wants to join me send me a message here or on Twitter @bachfancy

There will be a stop at the Tequila Bar.

Tom Capone

Level 2 Member
There is an AmEx offer for $10/$25 (40%) at Carrabba's. There is a Carrabba's and Bonefish (accepts Carrabba's gift cards) within walking distance of the Hyatt. I'm thinking I may use an offer or two at the Carrabba's bar one night. Either way, doesn't hurt to sign up.

Dia

Level 2 Member
There is an AmEx offer for $10/$25 (40%) at Carrabba's. There is a Carrabba's and Bonefish (accepts Carrabba's gift cards) within walking distance of the Hyatt. I'm thinking I may use an offer or two at the Carrabba's bar one night. Either way, doesn't hurt to sign up.
Great idea!

Dia

Level 2 Member
I have a studio rented at AK Thursday night via DVC. Anyone wanna be my roomie? Great way to check out a Disney Deluxe for only $100/night. It's got 2 queens so plenty of room.

I also have one the previous Sunday (4/16 ) at OKW but don't know if anyone else is in town that early. Still open for Wed and Sat.

Drop me a DM if you're interested.

Dia

Level 2 Member
Some updates: (considered doing a post but decided to keep it in family for now).
We have a huge reservation at Boma at AK for Saturday night. I'll do a guest count closer to. Kids welcome.
Friday night TBD near the airport- looking into Bonefish (get that offer loaded onto your Amex now!). This dinner is usually adults only- but we may need to flex because, well, Orlando.
I'll be in the parks Thursday (I have a hopper so I'll hop) and at AK Thursday night/Friday morning. Leslie (@tripswithtykes) and I are closing down MK on Wed. I may try to squeeze in Universal on Sunday but that's very TBD.

Anything else? Drop me a DM on Twitter.

Dia

Level 2 Member
@Dia any idea where the pre and post FTRL dinners might be? Any chance they'll be at any of the Disney resorts or Disney Springs. I'm guessing they are too hard to book for a big group, but think I'll be doing the dinning plan so I just wanted to plan ahead.
Just in case you didn't see the note below.

Trips With Tykes

Level 2 Member
I'll be at WDW on Thursday and Universal on Friday for anyone who wants to tag along. Kidless this trip so riding all the coasters!

TravMomof2

Silver Member
I actually had a Disney trip planned for that week so I'll be there 4/16-4/23. I'm going to have to ditch the kids and DH on our last day there to attend this event.:oops: I'll have to leave early bc our flight leaves at 5:30.:(

Peridot83

Level 2 Member
Some updates: (considered doing a post but decided to keep it in family for now).
We have a huge reservation at Boma at AK for Saturday night. I'll do a guest count closer to. Kids welcome.
Friday night TBD near the airport- looking into Bonefish (get that offer loaded onto your Amex now!). This dinner is usually adults only- but we may need to flex because, well, Orlando.
I'll be in the parks Thursday (I have a hopper so I'll hop) and at AK Thursday night/Friday morning. Leslie (@tripswithtykes) and I are closing down MK on Wed. I may try to squeeze in Universal on Sunday but that's very TBD.

Anything else? Drop me a DM on Twitter.
Awesome. I had been wanting to check Boma out, but wasn't sure how to fit it in. I wasn't going to bring the kids, but Boma should be easy enough since its a buffet. I'll have 4 in my party then.

Dia

Level 2 Member
I have a limited use promo code for $10 off a ticket: "nobrainer". First come, first serve!

travel4less

Level 2 Member
I'm flying in on Friday - Sunday and will be at AKV-Kidani. Will hit a park as soon as we get there - not sure which one the kiddos booked FP+ Want to catch ROL at AK while there!

Haley

I am not a robot
I am working on my touring plans for this trip!

I will be going to Animal Kingdom Friday Morning, and plan to Hop to EPCOT for the afternoon.

I will be in the Magic Kingdom on Sunday.
If anyone wants to join me for any of the above you are welcome to. I will either be solo or with my (21 year old) son.

For Sunday the plan goes something like this:
Arrive 15 minutes prior to opening
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad by stand-by
Splash Mountain by stand-by
Pirates of the Caribbean by stand-by
Check wait time on Jungle Cruise, ride if 20 minutes or less by-stand-by.
Bathroom break if needed
Mickey's PhilharMagic by stand-by

It should be about 11:00 and time for an early quick service lunch

***Haunted Mansion: with FP+ 12:45-1:45 - I currently have a few extra FP+ sets in case anyone wants to join me.

Tomorrowland, in any order (check wait times)
Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
TTA
Buzz by Stand-by
***Space Mountain: with FP+ 1:45-2:45 - I currently have a few extra FP+ sets in case anyone wants to join me.

Possible afternoon break from 2:15-5:15

*** Seven Dwarf's Mine Trains:with FP+ 5:15-6:15 - I currently have a few extra FP+ sets in case anyone wants to join me.

Anything we skipped earlier in the day, reride 'good any time by stand-by' rides/shows. Shop. Photos.
Dinner (quick service again).

Fireworks

BrandiP

Haley- I can't find the Segway tour info? Is it still offered? I will be in Epcot Sunday (child-free!!) and in town on Monday, no plans for Monday yet.

Haley

I am not a robot
Haley- I can't find the Segway tour info? Is it still offered? I will be in Epcot Sunday (child-free!!) and in town on Monday, no plans for Monday yet.
I don't see the Epcot one, it may be gone or it may have become seasonal.
The Wilderness Lodge one still shows up: Wilderness Back Trail Adventure

BrandiP

I don't see the Epcot one, it may be gone or it may have become seasonal.
The Wilderness Lodge one still shows up: Wilderness Back Trail Adventure
Thank you! I've done Segway before, so I'll wait for another trip to see if the Epcot one comes back again. I'm in town on Monday, I think I might visit the winery in Orlando. Does anyone know anything about it?

A Journey We Love

Bought my ticket! Had to move some stuff around to attend the event but it all worked out.

Since I live within a two hour drive from Orlando, will arrive around 9pm on Friday and staying at the Hyatt Place itself (using points of course) so I doubt I'll be able to attend any of the dinners since I'm driving back around 630 on Subday :(

Really excited to go and that it's finally close to where I live! :)

Dia

Level 2 Member
Bought my ticket! Had to move some stuff around to attend the event but it all worked out.

Since I live within a two hour drive from Orlando, will arrive around 9pm on Friday and staying at the Hyatt Place itself (using points of course) so I doubt I'll be able to attend any of the dinners since I'm driving back around 630 on Subday :(

Really excited to go and that it's finally close to where I live! :)
Welcome!

Dia

Level 2 Member
Hi Everyone,
Glad to see you visiting the forum and organizing informal meetups. Here's what I have planned:

Friday night:

NEW! Reception 6PM, Hyatt Place. Thanks for sponsoring, Parksavers!

Kona Cafe 8:15-8:20. We have a bunch of folks who can help with rides if you need one. I will have an explorer so can take up to 6 myself. If you want to volunteer for the ride brigade, it will be much appreciated. We have a cap of 42. Families ok at this one, but after I'm thinking we'll hit Trader Sam's patio so I encourage you to leave the kids behind if possible.

Saturday night: Boma at 7:30. We have a cap of 65 on this one, so families welcome.

Thursday: I'm pretty sure a bunch of folks are planning a crawl at Epcot to visit the flower and garden kitchens. Watch this space!

I have to head out early Sunday but think a bunch of folks are still around.

If you don't have a ticket yet, don't wait! Since all events have a headcount I have to limit them to ticket holders and their families.

Twitter party tomorrow 4/7 at 8PM EST. Follow along with hashtag #FT4RL.

See you soon! Dia

Last edited:

travel4less

Level 2 Member
I'm lost. Where's the list of who is going where for the gatherings? I will spend Friday at HS with the girls. Undecided about Saturday.

Dia

Level 2 Member
Hi there,
This is the signup sheet for the dinners so I have an accurate head count. There are three sheets, one for each activity- look for the tabs on the bottom of the sheet.

As far as park days I'd just keep an eye on Twitter.