FT4RL 3 is 10/24 in DC! Call for speakers

Dia

Level 2 Member
Call for speakers! Family Travel for Real Life 3 is in Falls Church VA (DC Burbs) October 24th. The focus of the conference is family travel hacking/miles/points and I'm expecting 50 in attendance (probably 1/2 bloggers). I'm actively recruiting speakers with a compelling tale to tell. It does NOT have to be hacking related but that angle certainly is helpful. You do NOT have to blog, just be comfortable telling your story in front of a crowd. STRONG preference given to parents!

Topic ideas include: solo parent travel, multi-gen travel, and developing world family travel. I'm also happy to hear your ideas. I can't pay you but I'll buy your ticket and can guarantee you'll have a great time! To get a feel for the event, here's a recap: https://saverocity.com/thedealmommy/2015/03/09/ft4rl-recap-of-recaps-and-spitballing-3/

Please get in touch ASAP if you might be a good fit for us. Thanks!

Dia

Level 2 Member
Hi Madelyn,
The event does focus on travel for families, but we've had people get value who travel as couples or even solo. The tips hold up for any traveler. I'd suggest taking a look at the session notes from the last one (see above) to get a good idea.

Toni Perkins

Level 2 Member
I can't offer anything too new and informative on travel hacking, but I know how to travel with little ones like it's nobody's business. I have 4 small kids and travel all over with them! Sometimes I even take them by myself, without any help! Hubs, I and our 4 kids, one only 3 months old, just got back from France 2 weeks ago! Best experience of my life!

Peridot83

Level 2 Member
I just bought my ticket. Super excited as this is my first meetup. I'll be coming down from PHL, and I'm thinking I'll stay at the Hilton down the road the night before. Anyone else going?

Dia

Level 2 Member
Hi Peridot,
Welcome! I'm glad you got in as we are under 5 tickets left! You'll see lots of folks you recognize from Saverocity. Any Tysons hotel is fine since parking is free. I'll have a casual dinner planned for both Friday and Saturday if that affects your plans. Friday is adults only, Sat is for families. Can't wait to meet you in person, Dia

Peridot83

Level 2 Member
Thanks for letting me know about dinner. I'll definitely try and make it down early enough on Friday.