Free Boingo Internet - Amex Cardholders

Malvina

Level 2 Member
Matt,
Why do you think it is free?
In T&C I found only this
"American Express Card Members with eligible Cards (i) will not be charged for enrollment in the AXP Plan"

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Matt,
Why do you think it is free?
In T&C I found only this
"American Express Card Members with eligible Cards (i) will not be charged for enrollment in the AXP Plan"
Complimentary access to Boingo Wi-Fi is being provided as a benefit to Card Members with eligible Cards. In order to access the benefit, Card Members with eligible Cards must first be authenticated and create a Boingo American Express Preferred Plan (or, the “AXP Plan”) account. Internet access may be required in order to be authenticated and create an account. For questions on eligibility, call the number on the back of your Card.

If you submit your American Express Card number to Boingo to verify that your Card is eligible for this benefit, Boingo will send your Card number to American Express. Upon receipt of your Card number from Boingo, American Express will provide confirmation of your Card’s eligibility for the American Express Preferred Plan to Boingo. Boingo will not store or use your Card number for any other purpose. Boingo’s use of this information is subject to its privacy policy.

If you have an existing paid Boingo subscription plan, your existing plan will not be automatically cancelled when you enroll in the AXP Plan. If you would like to cancel any existing paid subscription plan, call Boingo’s dedicated AXP Plan line.

The AXP Plan only provides access to land-based Wi-Fi services and does not include in-flight Wi-Fi. Available hotspots in Boingo’s network, including those managed and operated by Boingo and its partners (“Boingo’s Network”) are subject to change at any time. Visit http://wifi.boingo.com to locate hotspots.

Your use of Boingo’s Wi-Fi services is subject to Boingo’s End User License Agreement and Customer Agreement and other applicable terms and conditions, including Boingo’s privacy and security policies, available at www.boingo.com. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary set forth in Boingo’s terms and conditions, American Express Card Members with eligible Cards (i) will not be charged for enrollment in the AXP Plan, and (ii) will be permitted to connect no more than four devices to Boingo’s Network per month. Simultaneous use of devices with a single account is limited to a hotspot.

By subscribing for this benefit, you acknowledge that American Express is not responsible for and does not guarantee the quality, security, coverage or availability of Boingo’s Network or the free Wi-Fi hotspots accessed through the Wi-Finder App. You agree that use of Wi-Fi accessed through Boingo is at your own risk.

Use of the the AXP Plan is limited to authorized Card Members only.

This benefit is non-transferable, it is your responsibility to ensure that no one else has access to your account details. Your account may be terminated for breach of any terms or conditions or for abuse of your AXP Plan account.

From time to time, Boingo may request that you re-authenticate your Boingo American Express Preferred Plan account in order to confirm that you are still a Card Member with an eligible Card. You can receive alerts and connect seamlessly to Boingo by downloading the Wi-Finder App to your laptop, tablet and mobile devices.

This benefit is subject to change or cancellation without notice.

(bolding mine)

Mikec171

Level 2 Member
Premium Supporter
Thanks for posting Matt. I'm sure these are all hashed through on the blogs but here are my unfortunate personal results :
SPG Personal - No
PRG Biz - No
PRG Personal - No
Blue Cash (old) - No
Fidelity - No
Bluebird - No
Visa Platinum - Haha

aegt

Level 2 Member
Can someone try to create a second Boingo accout using the same card number. I would have tried, but I don't have one.

tly

Level 2 Member
Great timing on this - saw the thread at the start of a trip to Norway and signed up. Thanks!