Free 2 piece travel set with $150 (egift card) purchase at Staples

Tom Capone

Level 2 Member
Staples has a coupon this week for free 2 piece travel set with a $150 purchase. It works with Sears (probably any) egift card. I'm able to convert Sears gift cards to $200 Visa GC's fairly easily.

2-Piece Travel Set

with your online or phone order
of $150 or more. A $39.99 value.†

Online/phone code:
Expires 5/2/15.

Just add the coupon code after adding a gift card to your cart and it will add the travel set. I used simplybestcoupons.com but I'm not sure it will track.

Tom Capone

Level 2 Member
I received it in an email on 4/27. I'm not sure it is a great set, but it is free, even shipping. It appears to be a small tote bag with wheels and a toiletry bag.

chuck sithe

Tom, did you check your credit card statement to see if they charged you the reduced rate? I did a $200 Visa gc purchase and the promo code seemed to process correctly the entire time, but they ended up charging me the full price, both in the email confirmation and on my cc statement.
I called in and she explained that it doesn't work on gc purchase. She gave me a complimentary waiver and readjusted the price, but it was a pain.

Are you sure they didn't charge you the full amount on the credit card? (Perhaps there's a difference between a third party gc and a Visa?)

Yeshu

Level 2 Member
It looks like this is the item you will get:
Code:
http://www.staples.com/2-Piece-Travel-Set/product_957600

AIM

Level 2 Member
I had another one earlier where I received a wireless induction speaker (alleged value $39.99, I would pay 39c for it) free after $150 in spend. I am actually not that excited about these promos because they are reminiscent of the Office Depot coupons I see. As you may know, most other OD coupons are basically useless (blanket restrictions on any tech item) and I really hope Staples doesn't move too much further in that direction.

Also, most Staples 16-digit coupons are unique, one-time use. Interesting that this one is not. The number is my email was slightly different.

UTSADarrell

I had the same problem as Chuck. The e-mail confirmation showed a total price of $271.44. So I contacted Staples via chat, and was given the $60 discount, but it didn't remove the tax for the item, so I was still out $3.42. I pushed a little harder and she offered another $3 courtesy discount. I'm too stubborn to take the 42 cent loss, so I pushed some more and eventually got $4 off because "you are a valuable customer with Staples."

So long story short, I got the free bags and an additional 58 cent discount.

Tom Capone

Level 2 Member
My email confirmation and my pending credit card charge both say $200, the amount of the sears gc I purchased. I suspect physical gift cards and e gift cards are treated differently.

Tom Capone

Level 2 Member
Received my 2 travel sets. They are not horrible. Bag is a little small, but has wheels. Toiletry bag is kinda lame (but free). I also have $2 pending in simplybestcoupons.com on my $200 purchase. Not sure if that will stand up.

Yeshu

Level 2 Member
Received my 2 travel sets. They are not horrible. Bag is a little small, but has wheels. Toiletry bag is kinda lame (but free). I also have $2 pending in simplybestcoupons.com on my $200 purchase. Not sure if that will stand up.
Is the bag too big to be used for the gym?

AIM

Level 2 Member
16-digit codes are usually one-time use. I was surprised the last ones were not. The code I received for the messenger bag was different.