Free $10 Simon Amex GC with purchase of $50 (Lowes/JCP/Gap)

doink

Level 2 Member
Promotion at simon mall. Purchase $50 in giftcards from Lowes, Jcpenny or Gap and get a $10 Simon Amex Gc.

Good deal but the process to obtain it is a headache. Their Pos terminal that activates the cards are shit. Lady had to read through a sheet of instructions to do the promations correctly. Tried it 3 times at 2 different malls. First trip. 1st transaction went smoothly, 2nd didn't. I used the same card. Bought the 2nd card but the 10 gc declined activation. Lady said there is no limit on the promotion but she has no clue. Took 40 mins but finally had to call it in to manually activate the free card.

2nd mall, it charged full $60. Used a different card. (50 lowes and 10 simon gc). She had no clue to fix it. Wanted full refund. Waiting for a callback on the supervisor.

Good deal but might be a headache for some.

ElainePDX

Level 2 Member
There is something similar at Macerich malls - VGC for buying a Penney's GC, I think. Not interested in Penney's so didn't pay attention. Sorry! Give 'em a call if you need more info.

SicEmBear

Level 2 Member
I did this last month on the very first day of the promo. The rep (who I've actually come to know on first name basis) had some trouble with it but eventually got it to work. He didn't have to call in, but he had to try several different tactics with his system to get it to go through. The biggest problem from what I understand is that he didn't want to have to issue me 2 $10 Amex cards for a $100 purchase, he wanted to give me the convenience of just a single Amex GC with $20 on it. So it was a pain the in neck, but he got it to work. I would only do the promo if you feel that the individual behind the counter is going to know what they are doing.