Font of forum messages, Can it be changed?

kidooo

Level 2 Member
I don't know much about fonts, but i did notice that it is less comfortable reading this forum then others, and i think it has something to do with the font not being a sans font, which are easier to read

anyone else notice this or is it just me?

projectx

Level 2 Member
I noticed, and I like this format better. It's a nice change of pace from the generic sans serif typefaces on every other forum out there. It is widely believed that in web use generally sans serif is easier to read while generally serif is easier to read in print. There is some truth to that but it is not always the case. It is completely dependent on the design of the characters. I can show you plenty of examples from both families that would give you a headache. If you really want things to get interesting, throw in a semi-serif typeface into the discussion.

kidooo

Level 2 Member
I noticed, and I like this format better. It's a nice change of pace from the generic sans serif typefaces on every other forum out there. It is widely believed that in web use generally sans serif is easier to read while generally serif is easier to read in print. There is some truth to that but it is not always the case. It is completely dependent on the design of the characters. I can show you plenty of examples from both families that would give you a headache. If you really want things to get interesting, throw in a semi-serif typeface into the discussion.
I agree that it's not Always easier however for me it's easier. Maybe one day there will be an option for a user to set a custom font only for him