Foiled by Amex!

NickPFD

Mmmm.... yeah....
Staff member
I got one of those marketing survey emails from Amex, the one where they ask you about some new product features they’re considering for their credit cards. I was thrilled to be able to share the survey with you, my internet friends, until I saw this:

In case you can’t see that, it says, “This survey may contain information about a new product or idea that may not currently be available. Do you agree to keep any information you learn about a new product of new idea confidential and not disclose it to anyone?”

Well shoot! Those Amex lawyers appear to have outsmarted me–damn their oily hides! I’m still going to share the survey with you, but it will be heavily edited so as not to divulge proprietary corporate information Amex chooses to share with strangers it finds on the internet. I mean, I love you guys, but Amex’s legal team makes way more money than mine.

Here’s the card concept they were testing on me:

It’s an interesting concept–the combination of [redacted]% back on [redacted] and [redacted] is one that’s not currently available on the market, though keep in mind it is subject to [redacted]. Also, keep in mind you have [redacted] available on non-bonus spending.

But, that’s just my opinion. What do you guys think about this one?

The post Foiled by Amex! appeared first on Personal Finance Digest.

Continue reading...