Fees on tickets to London

stellar

Level 2 Member
Just an FYI

In looking up award tickets from USA to London I found the fees to be higher than I would expect on AA and US Air metal. Basically fees were pricing out to about $200/ticket. (vs flights to Paris with fees of $84.40/ticket)

PASSENGER SERVICE CHARGE$66.00 USDUNITED KINGDOMAir Passenger Duty (APD)$111.50
USDUNITED KINGDOMUS APHIS USER FEE$5.00 USDUNITED STATESUS FEDERAL INSPECTION FEE$7.00 USDUNITED STATESUS SECURITY FEE$11.20 USDUNITED STATESUS CUSTOMS USER FEE$5.50 USDUNITED STATES

Not sure I understand it all correctly, but it looks like something with the APD changed April 1.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Passenger_Duty

ctbarron

Level 2 Member
Always been in that ballpark. I usually figure about $180 out of IAD. Several other European destinations will be cheaper in that one regard.

italdesign

Level 2 Member
are you talking about a one way ticket or round trip? One way (USA-EU) I would expect more like Matt's. RT or one way EU-USA I would expect more like yours.

stellar

Level 2 Member
this is one way. and I do see the $5.60 fee initially but once you select all flights on AA/US Air and get to the final page, the total fees are $200/per ticket

KennyBSAT

Staff member
One-way U.S. to LHR without touching any other country should have $5.60 in taxes and fees. Anything more is an error and should be refunded. If this is a one-way from LHR to the U.S., then yeah it's right.