Family Travel for Real Life 2: call for speakers

Dia

Level 2 Member
Just a quick note that FT4RL 2 will be held 3/7/15 in Charlotte, NC. Ticket and venue info to be announced soon.
If you have knowledge of a specific family travel related topic and have an interest in presenting at FT4RL, please drop me a PM with your topic ideas. One facet of FT4RL 1 that stood out was the diverse, passionate, and engaged speakers and I want to carry that energy forward. If you are a parent who hasn't presented at a frequent travel conference before, I especially want to hear from you!

PWMTrav

Staff member
I don't see a thread on FT4RL itself - can you point me to any additional info on the event? I'd like to do a blog post about it today. I'm going to talk to my wife about attending, but we'd be bringing our little one for lack of other child care. Would kids be barred from attending the event itself? :D

Then again, I'm probably the one that wants to go, so they'd probably go off and do kid stuff anyway.

Last time, I was the only one who brought my kids (to the hotel, not to the event). This time, will I be the only one NOT bringing my kids? LOL

We were able to drive to the last one & make a mini-trip out of it because it was summer. Although I'm sure CLT is a great family trip, I can't pull them out of school at that time of year, so it's just not worth it to bring them this time.

PWMTrav

Staff member
Last time, I was the only one who brought my kids (to the hotel, not to the event). This time, will I be the only one NOT bringing my kids? LOL

We were able to drive to the last one & make a mini-trip out of it because it was summer. Although I'm sure CLT is a great family trip, I can't pull them out of school at that time of year, so it's just not worth it to bring them this time.
Well, mine is 2, so we can take her out of daycare :D Given that it's still snowing in March here, it probably won't be hard to convince my wife we need to go to NC.