ex-dps

gasman

Level 2 Member
I've got a trip coming up for two people returning to JFK from Bali using aeroplan miles on OZ in J and F via CGK (paid connection ex-DPS). I am starting to see CX J DPS-HKG-YVR-JFK and per EF, there's 4 seats open for sale in the F and A fare buckets.

I haven't booked the DPS-CGK flight yet, as I'm hoping some CX F seats open up for booking. Has anyone had experience with these seats opening up around one week from departure, or is it closer to a couple days before? Should I go ahead and switch to the CX J and hope for seats to open and avoid having to pay for the connecting flight regardless? Any insight would be most appreciated!

merice107

Level 2 Member
I haven't booked the DPS-CGK flight yet, as I'm hoping some CX F seats open up for booking. Has anyone had experience with these seats opening up around one week from departure, or is it closer to a couple days before? Should I go ahead and switch to the CX J and hope for seats to open and avoid having to pay for the connecting flight regardless? Any insight would be most appreciated!
I do. I had trouble finding any space flying Cathay or Dragon Air using AA/BA miles. I ended up using SQ miles and flew SQ. Because of some weather issues I had to rebook a bunch of flights. Not only did get some J seats, after a couple of flight switches (my wife and I were originally on separate flights), we got on the last CX 747 flight to DPS. Even better was even though we were J, we got seats in first class in the nose.

Long story short, seats will probably open up but I always hate assuming.

gasman

Level 2 Member
I do. I had trouble finding any space flying Cathay or Dragon Air using AA/BA miles. I ended up using SQ miles and flew SQ. Because of some weather issues I had to rebook a bunch of flights. Not only did get some J seats, after a couple of flight switches (my wife and I were originally on separate flights), we got on the last CX 747 flight to DPS. Even better was even though we were J, we got seats in first class in the nose.

Long story short, seats will probably open up but I always hate assuming.
I'm with you about hating to assume! All of the SQ options for us are either waitlisted, or standard. And while I am a huge fan of the suites, not enough for 187k/pax plus charges. Did SQ open saver space close in?

merice107

Level 2 Member
I'm with you about hating to assume! All of the SQ options for us are either waitlisted, or standard. And while I am a huge fan of the suites, not enough for 187k/pax plus charges. Did SQ open saver space close in?
Nope. There was less SQ space close in.