European Train Question

Air Land and Sea

Level 2 Member
We are taking a Danube River cruise that will end up in Budapest. After spending a few days there we would like to go to Venice. I'd like to take the train so I can view the beautiful scenery. anyone have any experience with this train route or even from Vienna to Venice?

Thank you in advance.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
We are taking a Danube River cruise that will end up in Budapest. After spending a few days there we would like to go to Venice. I'd like to take the train so I can view the beautiful scenery. anyone have any experience with this train route or even from Vienna to Venice?

Thank you in advance.
I haven't done this route, the closest I came to it was a train from St Moritz to Venice, fantastic way to travel. Hopefully someone here as some insights for you,

Barb

Level 2 Member
Check out the website of the Man in Seat 61. Absolutely comprehensive information about train travel worldwide. The guy who runs it is a train fanatic. Not only does he give ticket purchasing advice and strategy, he has the rundown on all the different train types, classes of seats, sleeper cars etc.

www(dot)seat61(dot)com

Mountain Trader

Level 2 Member
Check out the website of the Man in Seat 61. Absolutely comprehensive information about train travel worldwide. The guy who runs it is a train fanatic. Not only does he give ticket purchasing advice and strategy, he has the rundown on all the different train types, classes of seats, sleeper cars etc.

www(dot)seat61(dot)com
Mark at Man in Seat 61 just knocks 'em dead on just about all train travel.