End of Points Bonanza? Chase(d)

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
I note that everyone is angry at Chase for their recent actions making it more difficult to get new cards with signup bonuses.
I am new to this points/miles game and have noticed there are dozens of Points gurus and thousands upon thousands of followers. It may or may not be "gaming the system" but now that the mavens and their disciples are buying points, getting numerous credit cards just for the bonuses and otherwise making out, it stands to reason that vendors will put a stop to it if they can.

They are in business! A bank offers bonus points as an inducement to use their credit card and airlines/hotels offer "loyalty" rewards so that you will fly their routes or stay in their rooms. The points/miles game is not about loyalty. We just use a card until we get the bonus and only fly the airline when we have miles WHICH WE DID NOT GET FROM FLYING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Now the companies are closing loopholes and people are mad! I would be mad if I offered an incentive and then you went to the competition, only returning when I offered a new bonus. Just sayin'.....

Jawa

Level 2 Member
I'm mad at the people who are mad at other people whom they perceive as being mad about something unjustifiably.
Example: I'm mad at the people who are mad at other people who complain about MS methods dying too fast.
Sh*t...I'm part of the problem...