Employee Extras

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
Not sure if this is useful to anyone, but want to throw it out there. My company has over 28,000 employees worldwide so maybe there's a few fellow colleagues on here. ;) Or maybe other companies have something similar buried within their Intranets waiting to be found.

My employer has something called "Extras" that is free. I've never signed up or looked into it. Until today. I found that I can buy AA egift cards at a 7% discount. Head smack since AA is who I buy and fly. There are 17 other discount categories that includes things like retailers, sports and pets. It looks like our European employees have a similar program although I can't access their site to poke around since I don't have a European employee email address.

Check your Intranets to see if your company has partner offers you've been missing out on.

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I am in the middle of writing a post about employee bennies, I hadn't thought of this angle, it's pretty awesome. If there is a public link to the benefits could you send it to me via PM or in this thread?

InstinctX

Level 2 Member
You may also qualify for Microsoft Office Home Use Program ($9.95 for Microsoft 2013 Windows or Microsoft 2011 Mac). Link to see if you qualify (need to enter your work email address).

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
I sent to your Saverocity email.

I am in the middle of writing a post about employee bennies, I hadn't thought of this angle, it's pretty awesome. If there is a public link to the benefits could you send it to me via PM or in this thread?
t

Dangjr213

Level 2 Member
I manage travel for my company.

It all depends on how your employer set up their business extra account (hard dollar vs soft dollar)

You can either get discounts on flights/gift cards or earn business extra miles. You can then redeem the miles for PlanAAhead (sAAver) or AAnytime awards

I choose the miles because it allows us to redeem for last minute flights that are very expensive , thus saving more than the X% off.

By your discount percentage, I'd say your travel does quite a bit of travel with AA

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
I remember reading about BusinessExtra over on DansDeals a while back.
Never researched it though.

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
I've also heard of BusinessExtra. I don't believe this is the same program. This is open to all levels of employees and has discount offers over a wide range of products/shopping. You go thru each offer portal to get the discount and you use your personal cc. Some were stingy like Southwest and Virgin was get $8 cash back. The travel category had 118 partner portal windows. But, that was just one category. I can get discounts at PetCo, Best Buy, food stores, restaurants...all sorts of things. The portal also shows how many times the offer was used within the month. For the AA egiftcards cards it was like 61. I was glad to see someone taking advantage of it!

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Business extraa is a different program- it's like having double advantage programs running - anyone can sign up with a business... I rarely, if ever but flights so I don't get much out of it, but I cashed in a few admirals club passes from it.

Confectioneer

San Francisco Bay Area
Not sure if this is useful to anyone, but want to throw it out there. My company has over 28,000 employees worldwide so maybe there's a few fellow colleagues on here. ;) Or maybe other companies have something similar buried within their Intranets waiting to be found.

My employer has something called "Extras" that is free. I've never signed up or looked into it. Until today. I found that I can buy AA egift cards at a 7% discount. Head smack since AA is who I buy and fly. There are 17 other discount categories that includes things like retailers, sports and pets. It looks like our European employees have a similar program although I can't access their site to poke around since I don't have a European employee email address.

Check your Intranets to see if your company has partner offers you've been missing out on.
We have something like this where I work (major financial firm), unfortunately the discounts available for personal travel aren't that great.

But what has been useful is going through the booking engine and seeing the corporate hotel rates. Again we can't book personal travel there, but we can contact the hotel and book directly. That's saved some $$, and gotten extra benefits (breakfast, internet, etc) included.

Dangjr213

Level 2 Member
27% is nice. I get 22% for AT&T / 20% for VZW/Sprint / 15% on T-Mobile lol.
Interesting! How long has it been 22% (AT&T)? I was lead to believe their highest corporate threshold was 20%. Looks like I need to ask for more when the contract comes up for renewal.

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
Interesting! How long has it been 22% (AT&T)? I was lead to believe their highest corporate threshold was 20%. Looks like I need to ask for more when the contract comes up for renewal.
IIRC the highest discount is with 25% UPS and 28% Coca-Cola
That was from a friend of mine that worked at AT&T. Though to get those you actually had to submit REAL proof you worked for one of them.
(Unlike slipping the guy a $20 and him giving you some 10-15% discount)