Emirates JFK-DXB

Hanoi IG

Level 2 Member
Was really hoping to find a way to book EK 1st class, not that Business is bad but thinking it would be fun to experience 1st. Won't do it just to Europe so looking for long(er) flight.

I hear there are such things as Open Jaw or Stopover but they seem complex.

First off, I hear Alaska is now pricier than before so was thinking of Korea as I will have a lot of UR with my wife and I both scoring CSR. I hear though that Korea only allows RT so I'd have to figure out logistics of flying into DXB, going wherever and then returning for my flight to the US.

I don't need to get the absolute best deal, but I prefer to get above-average return for these miles.

I have a lot of Avianca Life Miles and some KrisFlyer for my trips in between the Dubai flights. Thanks for any help. I've booked a lot of award flights but just the kind you can do in a couple of clicks. I think you have to call Korean to book award tix on EK?

SanDiego1K

Level 2 Member
You can use Alaskaair.com to find award availability for Emirates flights. for example, on October 1, a first class award seat is available from JFK to DXB. If you were to use AS miles, it would cost 150K miles plus $20.

The Points Guys wrote a tutorial on how to use Korean Airline miles to book on its partners. You can find it here: http://thepointsguy.com/2016/06/how-to-book-award-flights-with-korean-air-skypass/. According to it, F class from North America to the Middle East is 160K. I do not know what fee it charges. You can arm yourself with knowledge about which EK flights have F award availability and then call Korean Airlines. I have found their agents to be remarkably gracious and patient. They can then tell you what they charge for the flight. I am unaware of Korean Airlines requiring RT booking. I did a one way award redemption last year.