EDI to NUE using AA miles

youpaiyou

Level 2 Member
I'm flying from EDI to NUE using AA miles. Unfortunately, it appears as though my only option is to use BA for most of the segments, which, as everyone knows, is horrible because of the fuel surcharges. Does anyone know if there is another AA partner I can use?

Of importance:

1) I want to depart and arrive on the same day (May 29); and
2) I've already booked my award ticket and made travel plans so my dates and cities can't change.

Thank you!

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
I'm flying from EDI to NUE using AA miles. Unfortunately, it appears as though my only option is to use BA for most of the segments, which, as everyone knows, is horrible because of the fuel surcharges. Does anyone know if there is another AA partner I can use?

Of importance:

1) I want to depart and arrive on the same day (May 29); and
2) I've already booked my award ticket and made travel plans so my dates and cities can't change.

Thank you!
Fees aren't that much worse using BA for a flight like this. The LHR-NUE leg is about $119 in fees, I imagine if you could price EDI-NUE it would be the same or very similar.

Alternatively there is a better option to use 15k UA (LH)miles and fly EDI-FRA-NUE with $83 in fees.

wasser

Level 2 Member
I fly to NUE from other Euro cities all the time. I generally just watch the fares, because someone generally comes up with a fare around$100 or less. But if you want to use miles, I would use LH via United as Matt noted.

Deltahater

Tequila, Miles and Suites
You did not say when you are travelling, but consider getting the BA visa card with free miles. Then use your avios for that flight. If you have had some activity on your avios account, then I believe the taxes are only GBP17.50..

EDI-FRA is 4,500 avios (which is pretty close to NUE, btw)

youpaiyou

Level 2 Member
If you decide to go this route, you can very easily take the ICE train from FRA to Nürnberg Hbf for 29 euro booked in advanced and 39 euro otherwise. The train station is right in the Flughafen. The trip takes about 2:20.
Awesome! Thanks everyone!