ebay 'we can't apply this code to your order'

HSK

Level 2 Member
i managed to buy some gift cards this morning but when i tried this afternoon, i get the above message. i read somewhere it might have to do with the shopping portals so i tried to shop straight from ebay but i'm getting the message regardless. please help!

akoichig

Level 2 Member
Was it from PPDG? On Thursday Doctor of Credit posted about PPDG's new 4 GCs per 10 day limit.
Code:
http://www.doctorofcredit.com/paypal-digital-gifts-limiting-us-4-gift-cards-per-10-days/
Maybe it has to do with that one or another one of their limits? Another possibility is that your Ebay GC hadn't yet activated?

Domat

Level 2 Member
Doesn't seem to apply to you but I get that error when the giftcard has been used before on another paypal account.

Someone

Level 2 Member
I got that error a bunch this past week. I concluded that in one account, it was because the account hadn't yet made any large gc orders (finally worked with an order under $200). In the others it was because they are at the $5k/6 mo limit. I wasn't ordering from ppdg, but if you are, look at what @akoichig said too.

HSK

Level 2 Member
Doesn't seem to apply to you but I get that error when the giftcard has been used before on another paypal account.
I got that error a bunch this past week. I concluded that in one account, it was because the account hadn't yet made any large gc orders (finally worked with an order under $200). In the others it was because they are at the $5k/6 mo limit. I wasn't ordering from ppdg, but if you are, look at what @akoichig said too.
i think it might have something to do with my husbands ebay/paypal account somehow being confused with mine.

Someone

Level 2 Member
I maintain a 1-1 relationship between ebay accounts and paypal accounts. One email gets used per set and each set has it's own chrome or ff profile. If you start using paypal accounts across multiple ebay accounts you are asking to be shut down.

Falim

I've been using both my wife and my Paypal accounts for my eBay account. Haven't ran into any issues but I may have to stop that.

I've only seen this message when hitting the cap on using Ebay gift cards for the purchase ($5k per 180 days).

pwd847

Level 2 Member
I have been getting that message as well. It is super annoying. The 4 cards per 10 days is annoying too.