Drink charges in club lounge ?

Lisemare72

Hi ,

Can someone clarify the " honour bar " system in regency San francisco and Hyatt Huntington beach club lounges for alcoholic beverages ?

I don't understand the additional charges considering the additional charge already incurred to use club lounges ?
Regards
Lisa

druiddation

Level 2 Member
I haven't been to those specific ones, but some other lounges I've been to have a happy hour with free alcoholic beverages and at other times you fill out a form with your room number and get charged about $5 a drink when you check out.

smittytabb

Staff member
Hi ,

Can someone clarify the " honour bar " system in regency San francisco and Hyatt Huntington beach club lounges for alcoholic beverages ?

I don't understand the additional charges considering the additional charge already incurred to use club lounges ?
Regards
Lisa
Leave the U.S. and go to a club lounge and you will likely get free cocktails or at least wine and beer. In many, if not most lounges in the U.S., you will pay for your alcoholic beverages. Off the top of my head, Ritz-Carlton is the main chain I can think of that consistently has an open bar policy stateside. Sometimes there are happy hours in places like Residence Inn by Marriott or Homewood Suites by Hilton for free drinks for a limited time, but not always and those are for everyone, not in a club lounge. Anymore, I expect to pay for a drink in a U.S. club lounge and not to pay for one abroad.

Lisemare72

Thanks , yes in Australia you pay say an extra $100 on normal room rate for club lounge and alcoholic drinks are included . Seems like a double dip pocket hit in the states ! Wonder If you can just take your own bottle of wine up into the lounge if that's the case , that way your drinking something you at least like .