Downgraded Award flight

HanoiIG

Silver Member
My wife and I had a confirmed flight using LifeMiles to book on TG First Class which I understand is wonderful. I've also heard that the lounge is great as well. Without any notice to me, the flight was downgraded so we have been placed in business, which is a far cry from what we paid(with miles) to fly.

So far, the people at Avianca don't seem to understand my problem and they sent me from one to the other until I got the perpetual hold line. I think I should be permitted to change or cancel without penalty or at least to receive a refund of the difference between the flight for which I was booked and the class that I have been downgraded to.

Any ideas of how to handle and what my rights, if any, may be?

HanoiIG

Silver Member
My wife and I had a confirmed flight using LifeMiles to book on TG First Class which I understand is wonderful. I've also heard that the lounge is great as well. Without any notice to me, the flight was downgraded so we have been placed in business, which is a far cry from what we paid(with miles) to fly.

So far, the people at Avianca don't seem to understand my problem and they sent me from one to the other until I got the perpetual hold line. I think I should be permitted to change or cancel without penalty or at least to receive a refund of the difference between the flight for which I was booked and the class that I have been downgraded to.

Any ideas of how to handle and what my rights, if any, may be?
Finally they understand and gave me back the miles. Now I have to get home from Bangkok