Don't get Bonvoyed! Cancelled Certificates are not being returned!

The Ikonik One

Level 2 Member
Heads up points Fam... Not sure if it's been mentioned already but I accidentally bumped into something that officially says... I've been Bonvoyed 🤦‍♂️ turns out I had to cancel 2 reservations made with my certificates. One from Amex and one from Chase. One this past Friday another I cancelled a month ago. When I went in there to book a future stay I noticed that I had 1 certificate left. I went and lost a good 2 hours figuring stuff out and calling 3 times to finally get refunded my certificates. Turns out that if you don't call they won't refund you your certificates. Not Hyatt or IHG have that problem. So anyway... Check and make sure your certificates are actually being sent back to your account. I'm not sure if this was a glitch or if it's an all around problem but if it happened to me I'm pretty sure it is happening to someone else out there.

Suzie

Level 2 Member
Unfortunately, not a glitch.

It's happened to me. I only cancel by phone when certs are involved. Points seem to go right back into account.

Josh F

Level 2 Member
Charity Forum Mod
Heads up points Fam... Not sure if it's been mentioned already but I accidentally bumped into something that officially says... I've been Bonvoyed 🤦‍♂️ turns out I had to cancel 2 reservations made with my certificates. One from Amex and one from Chase. One this past Friday another I cancelled a month ago. When I went in there to book a future stay I noticed that I had 1 certificate left. I went and lost a good 2 hours figuring stuff out and calling 3 times to finally get refunded my certificates. Turns out that if you don't call they won't refund you your certificates. Not Hyatt or IHG have that problem. So anyway... Check and make sure your certificates are actually being sent back to your account. I'm not sure if this was a glitch or if it's an all around problem but if it happened to me I'm pretty sure it is happening to someone else out there.
Yup, had this happen shortly after the transition - I remember them saying that it's "fixed." The only plus side is that when it happened to me, it reset the expiration date to a year from when they re-issued it.

The Ikonik One

Level 2 Member
Yup, had this happen shortly after the transition - I remember them saying that it's "fixed." The only plus side is that when it happened to me, it reset the expiration date to a year from when they re-issued it.
Awesome.. I wonder if that's a hack to extend the life of the cert... A glitch perhaps?? My Certs Expire Jan 2021. They have been extended but not a full year.

Suzie

Level 2 Member

I thought I had the problem solved by calling to cancel a cert night, not cancelling online. Luckily I had written down all the information that the CSR had told me verbally. When I tried to book 3 nights yesterday, both spouse and my certs were not in our accounts. A phone call took care of it somewhat easily since I had the cancellation numbers. The CSR said the certs "get stuck" and just float around out there not attached to any account.

I think I've heard this story before. :rolleyes:

The Ikonik One

Level 2 Member
I thought I had the problem solved by calling to cancel a cert night, not cancelling online. Luckily I had written down all the information that the CSR had told me verbally. When I tried to book 3 nights yesterday, both spouse and my certs were not in our accounts. A phone call took care of it somewhat easily since I had the cancellation numbers. The CSR said the certs "get stuck" and just float around out there not attached to any account.

I think I've heard this story before. :rolleyes:
Good thing you had those records.