Disapproved Capital One

HanoiIG

Silver Member
OK I saw this card with $500 back after $3000 in 3 months plus 4% on certain categories. I figure with quite a few points/miles in bank I might benefit from cash. Disapproved and refers me to Credit Wise but my scores are in the 800's and have been for years. Should I call them?

projectx

Level 2 Member
Sounds like Cap1 Savor. They are well known for being tough on applications if you've had several new accounts recently. This is not unusual.

asc8u

Level 2 Member
OK I saw this card with $500 back after $3000 in 3 months plus 4% on certain categories. I figure with quite a few points/miles in bank I might benefit from cash. Disapproved and refers me to Credit Wise but my scores are in the 800's and have been for years. Should I call them?
Capital One seems infamous in the churning community for turning people down for new cards (and running hard pulls on all 3 credit bureaus). Some DP suggest they don't seem to care for high credit scores and little credit utilization; presumably because they won't make them as much money off people who pay their credit card bills completely every month. But who knows...

As always, YMMV. But I haven't even bothered to try.

PS - never hurts to call if you've already been rejected.

HanoiIG

Silver Member
Capital One seems infamous in the churning community for turning people down for new cards (and running hard pulls on all 3 credit bureaus). Some DP suggest they don't seem to care for high credit scores and little credit utilization; presumably because they won't make them as much money off people who pay their credit card bills completely every month. But who knows...

As always, YMMV. But I haven't even bothered to try.

PS - never hurts to call if you've already been rejected.
But I never have churned if you mean cancelling cards after bonus and then reapplying

Justin

I think this number still may work to check on it... it's not true reconsideration though. (800) 625-7866

Cap1 is tough on new approvals for those signing up for lots of cards. I have given up on them at least for another year or two.