DFW?

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
Do or no Do, let's set up an informal meal and chat like Sweetwillie does for Chicago.

What part of DFW, are you in?

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
I guess a place near DFW would be the most central but I don't know the area to suggest a place.

FWIW, Spring creek bbq usually has a private room available for no charge.

chiz

Level 2 Member
I'm currently in Tyler, but relocating to DFW in the fall. Let me know if you're getting together somewhere soon. Never know when I can make it, but I'm in Dallas on weekends fairly regularly.

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
I'm good for this weekend. Next is tough with Father's day. I don't really know the airport area, what type of food do you like/avoid?

pointsaholic

Level 2 Member
Hi there. I'm in Coppell - very close to the airport - and I would like to meet as well. Friday or Saturday this weekend would work for me. Let me know if that works for you and what kind of food - I could make some suggestions as I know the area well. We could also meet in the afternoon on Saturday at the DFW Hilton (near Grapevine Mills) - I bet we can find somewhere quiet to talk.

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
How about a Saturday lunch around Grapevine Mills? Pointsaholic, since you know the area, would you mind picking the place? Noon OK for time?

pointsaholic

Level 2 Member
Thanks Afam-DFW Saturday lunch works for me does that work for you also David G?- need somewhere on the quiet side so we can hear each other. I recommend Cozymel's, not necessarily for the food, but it should be a good place to meet and talk as it hopefully will not be too busy. www.cozymels.com Does that sound ok? Noon?

pointsaholic

Level 2 Member
I will make a reservation under the name of "FORUM". I am bringing an MS friend who is not on this forum. So far it will be for 4 people - Afam, me, David(hope you can come), and Pam(my friend). I am also on another new MS forum called travelcodex.com/forums and David is there too. There was talk of an informal get together in DFW there -- Shall I open it up there and ask if they want to join?

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
I will make a reservation under the name of "FORUM". I am bringing an MS friend who is not on this forum. So far it will be for 4 people - Afam, me, David(hope you can come), and Pam(my friend). I am also on another new MS forum called travelcodex.com/forums and David is there too. There was talk of an informal get together in DFW there -- Shall I open it up there and ask if they want to join?
Good by me. Maybe Flyertalk also?

pointsaholic

Level 2 Member
FT is scary - so big ----- if you want to open it up there and just let me know how many are coming from FT, I am ok with that. I will open it up on travelcodex.... Hopefully, the restaurant can accomodate.

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
FT is scary - so big ----- if you want to open it up there and just let me know how many are coming from FT, I am ok with that. I will open it up on travelcodex.... Hopefully, the restaurant can accomodate.

OK. Let's pass flyertalk this time but I tried to start a dfw meet there a while back and got no response.

David G

Level 2 Member
Doh, just realized I have a doctor's appointment at 1 that day. Will try to move it. Hope I can make it out to the meetup.

pointsaholic

Level 2 Member
glad to hear that David G, so now we have 5. DavidG, Afam-DFW +1, Me, Pam. My cell is 972-754-3400 in case you need it.

SCC

Level 2 Member
Hey guys, I'm in Dallas. I can't make this one but will keep an eye out for others. I also have a buddy who I brought into the game who isn't on the forum but would likely join me at a meetup in the future.

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
Hey guys, I'm in Dallas. I can't make this one but will keep an eye out for others. I also have a buddy who I brought into the game who isn't on the forum but would likely join me at a meetup in the future.
He's welcome to come without you since you can't make it. We met for the first time this month so none of us really know each other. We're an easy group to enter and get started.

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
This may be old news but I purchased Simon gift cards at the Dallas Galleria for $2.00 each rather than the $2.95 most folks mention.

It may have been since it was my first purchase so YMMV. The limit there is a $2,999.00 purchase and i bought $2,500.00 with the form. Do not know the amount that triggers form.

Reactions: SCC

SCC

Level 2 Member
This may be old news but I purchased Simon gift cards at the Dallas Galleria for $2.00 each rather than the $2.95 most folks mention.

It may have been since it was my first purchase so YMMV. The limit there is a $2,999.00 purchase and i bought $2,500.00 with the form. Do not know the amount that triggers form.
Where in the store do you get them at? And did you split payments or use one card? Want to investigate as a way of liquidating my AGC's.