DFW?

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
On the other hand, I'd really be OK with more bloggers posting about MS being bad, dangerous and not to do it. Better for us than Million Mile Secrets with circles and arrows.

secret traveler

Level 2 Member
From her article (blog): - "so much of the “scheme” in MS revolves around finding ways to max out cards in those places (buying prepaid debit cards at a gas station, for example) and thus not only earning miles but also making money in the process. "

This derogatory stance is obviously oblivious to the many legal and effective ways to facilitate the entire reason the cards are being marketed to the public in the first place - namely travel, dining, enjoying life. It appears to me that the difference is that the author believes that it's better to create credit card debt while we believe in creating miles and opportunities to maximize the offers and bonuses that are available. It's also hard to believe that as long as the author has been traveling and associated with the industry that what she heard was new to her.

It seems to me that these meetings should be a forum where people can speak and share freely without the specter of being publicly judged.

Last edited:

sonbenfan

Level 2 Member
Is the meet up on 9/13? Or possibly 9/20? I wish its 9/20. I hate that I can't attend if its 9/13. If so, I'll miss 2 in a row :(

pointsaholic

Level 2 Member
Is the meet up on 9/13? Or possibly 9/20? I wish its 9/20. I hate that I can't attend if its 9/13. If so, I'll miss 2 in a row :(
Sorry, the meetup is always the 2nd Saturday of the month so it is 9/13

Hope to catch up with you on Oct 11, Sonbenfam.

TheBOSman

Staff member
How difficult is it to get to/from there from DFW Airport? I see it is close, but in terms of cabs and whatnot how difficult is it to get to/from there? I'm arriving early in the morning and flying out around 3PM, I could stop by for an hour or two.

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
How difficult is it to get to/from there from DFW Airport? I see it is close, but in terms of cabs and whatnot how difficult is it to get to/from there? I'm arriving early in the morning and flying out around 3PM, I could stop by for an hour or two.
Looks like it's right outside the airports "toll" access.
Shouldn't be too hard to get in and back out. (Though the taxi's are mighty expensive)

TheBOSman

Staff member
Looks like it's right outside the airports "toll" access.
Shouldn't be too hard to get in and back out. (Though the taxi's are mighty expensive)
Yeah, was hoping to dig out a different way to get there than paying a taxi. They must be expensive as DFW is the one place I never seem to see a significant taxi rank, as compared to BOS/SFO/LAX/NYC etc.

f0xx

Level 2 Ninja
Yeah, was hoping to dig out a different way to get there than paying a taxi. They must be expensive as DFW is the one place I never seem to see a significant taxi rank, as compared to BOS/SFO/LAX/NYC etc.
Hell.
Look at the price of Uber.

It'd be cheaper to rent a car from Avis at $19 for a few hours lol.

• uberX - Unavailable

• UberBLACK - $36

• UberSUV - $46

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
I'd be glad to pick you up on my way to the meet. You might need a cab back since you would be leaving early but it's very close to the airport. I'll PM my contact info.

Cdog101

Level 2 Member
Hello all, I am not able to make the Saturday morning meetings (large family etc.). Is there anyone who wants to meet during the week for lunch sometime? I work just south of the airport at the headquarters of a large transportation company... anyways, I'm flexible but want to broaden my MS horizons. Been doing some Amazon resell and Simon, but I know there's more out there.

Wings

Level 2 Member
Too late for me to join you all today? I have been monitoring the flyertalk thread and just found this one.