DFW?

Matt

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Guys,

Please note that this is not a level 2 area, so everything you talk about here is being indexed and viewed openly. I'd rather if you moved any non-meetup talk into the forum that Afam created.

Cheers,

Matt

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
While not as good as pointsaholic's coupon from the last time, I will bring a $10 off coupon for our meeting lunch. About $1 per person or a better tip for the waiter since we keep the table longer than average.

pointsaholic

Level 2 Member
Afam, Pointsaholic, sonbenfam, Chinomad, unclesam, iamthehpt, SCC, and 2 others will be at Cozymels near Grapevine (Simon Mall) tomorrow for a lunch meetup at noon. Looking forward to it! Reservation will under the name FORUM.

sonbenfan

Level 2 Member
Bad news to DFW area ppl....I went to Galleria today and they have a new policy in place. Only $1000 max per day with a $250 max per card. :( Anyone else had success recently?

pointsaholic

Level 2 Member
Ok - for next Saturday( not tomorrow) Aug 9 meetup - Shantravels, Chinomad and I will be there. Cozymel's in Grapevine at noon. Who else can make it? Please let me know if you are planning to attend so I can make a reservation. I will call the morning of Aug 9 to make the reservation. I don't love the food there but it is seems to be a good location and they can accommodate a large table even at last minute. Also, its not noisy (except for us). Hope you can make it.

BuddyFunJet

Level 2 Member
I saw that there is now a wiki for local MS groups on FT in the community area as well as a sticky in MS,

Should we mention it there to keep our numbers up?

pointsaholic

Level 2 Member
From travelcodex, saverocity and FT I have the following people coming tomorrow to Cozymels at noon - pointsaholic +1, secret traveler, greg(chinomad), shantravels, pillow25, toocool +1, unclesam +1, sonbenfan- maybe.. Sonbenfan- do you know if you can make it?
Reservation in the name FORUM. See you tomorrow!

freebee

Level 2 Member
not too late to be added if you would like to join us
I will be t
From travelcodex, saverocity and FT I have the following people coming tomorrow to Cozymels at noon - pointsaholic +1, secret traveler, greg(chinomad), shantravels, pillow25, toocool +1, unclesam +1, sonbenfan- maybe.. Sonbenfan- do you know if you can make it?
Reservation in the name FORUM. See you tomorrow!
I will be there too !

secret traveler

Level 2 Member
re: the DFW meetup Aug. 9 (yesterday) in Grapevine

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed meeting other miles/points peeps from the DFW area yesterday. Since this was my first meetup I didn't know what to expect but with 22 passionate, informed and likeable "travel hackers" it was an afternoon filled with lively discussion that I found entertaining and very useful. I look forward to the next one and kudos to pointsaholic for putting it together.

pointsaholic

Level 2 Member
After rereading Jennifer's blog , it seems to put a negative spin on our hobby - the bolded titles appear as if we are doing something wrong - meeting in dark room(which we did not), pushing the limits, speeding towards a useless currency. I know she resents that we are getting more and more points which makes it harder for someone who earns their points through "butt in seat". Our fortune basically devalues or tries to hurt her deal by making it that much tougher to get a seat. What do you think of it?

chinomad

Level 2 Member
I would be willing to take any " useless currency" miles the author would give me. Am open to any Statuses too.

I agree with you, the bolded headings didn't shed the most positive light on MS. They are plenty of competitors for those F/P flights and suites. MSers are just one group of them.

freebee

Level 2 Member
Oh well, some people "think" they know better, and need to get their information from the right sources. She makes her own assumptions that MS leads to folks paying high interest rates. While there may be stray cases that have landed few folks in trouble, the cause is more likely the character of the individual who spends on lavish stuff and he cannot pay the credit card company within the cycle. Those folks dont engage in MS, just "S"pend.