Curaçao..Marriott vs Hilton ?

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
Anyone been to either? Have a prett good sense from TripAdvisor but thought I'd ask. I could use the Marriott package (7nights plus airline miles) if we stay there. I'm Gold at Hilton..not using pts but will pay for an executive floor. Also, considering splitting our time between the Santa Barbara and one of the other two. The SB is obviously the much better choice, but we'd like to be closer to town a few days. Besides, I'm not sure my food budget would survive the SB with two growth spurting 15 year olds. (When they were 10 they rang up a 500$ bar bill on Kiddie Colada's over eight days once.)

JonOC

We stayed at the Marriott back in February. It was definitely nicer than the Hilton, which was just down the beach. The Hilton is extremely dated; almost looks like a Days Inn.

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
Ah. Thank you. I have a ocean view club room booked at the Hilton...thought it was better for the free breakfast/snacks/horderves for the four of us. Price was about the same as the Marriott basic room. I'll keep an eye on the promo/rates.
Thanks!!

vike

Level 2 Member
I had an ocean view suite at the old Hyatt, which is now the Santa Barbara Beach and Golf Resort. Very nice room and the staff were fantastic. Pretty good restaurants on site, but if you want to go elsewhere, expect 15 min drive. The actual beach here is not great, but the pool areas are good.

nickelfish1

Level 2 Member
I booked the first four nights at the Santa Barbara...there doing stay three nights get the fourth free. Couldnt refuse! Have the next three at the Hilton...will watch the rates for the Marriott to dip a bit though. I think we'd rather be there.

As a side note...the Barbara participates in Pack For a Purpose and we've already started collecting school supplies.