CSP: DENIED

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
Chase Sapphire was denied because "you already have this type of credit card account with us. Last four digits are xxxx." He does not have the card but is an AU on my account. Looks like AU should not be added until a person is approved for their own card?

His Business Application is under review as they found a duplicate application. Grr. I had a computer glitch so had to do it again. Hope the info is the same as I debated between household income or his personal income. I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Data points: my credit score is 800/797 and his is 807/809. I got the CSP but was denied the Business after speaking with recon. We did not call recon for his cards.

Question: If he gets denied, should we try for anothe Chase card or move on to another company and how long should we wait? My CSP was in July. His app was this month. Or does waiting not matter at other cc companies if we're only doing 1-2 cards at a time. I do want to sign up for SW and companion in Dec and don't want to mess that up.

smittytabb

Staff member
Chase Sapphire was denied because "you already have this type of credit card account with us. Last four digits are xxxx." He does not have the card but is an AU on my account. Looks like AU should not be added until a person is approved for their own card?

His Business Application is under review as they found a duplicate application. Grr. I had a computer glitch so had to do it again. Hope the info is the same as I debated between household income or his personal income. I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Data points: my credit score is 800/797 and his is 807/809. I got the CSP but was denied the Business after speaking with recon. We did not call recon for his cards.

Question: If he gets denied, should we try for anothe Chase card or move on to another company and how long should we wait? My CSP was in July. His app was this month. Or does waiting not matter at other cc companies if we're only doing 1-2 cards at a time. I do want to sign up for SW and companion in Dec and don't want to mess that up.
My son was AU on my account and applied for CSP and was approved about a year later a few weeks ago, so I don't think being an AU on the same card is disqualifying per se.

GettingReady

Level 2 Member
So the AU was an excuse, or the applications even though in different names were too close together, or it just depends on their mood. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason with Chase based on all the posts I've read. Once my dh gets denied, or not, for the business card, I'm moving on.

jackconcarne

It is possible you could cancel the AU and call back within 30 days of the application (your app is open in their system for that long, even if you're denied) and explain your case to them.

HGF

Level 2 Member
The best thing to do is to call the recon line and find out why it was denied. Everything else is just speculation. The number is 888-245-0625